Sunday, January 20, 2008

Aging Concrete ~ part II

Here's the little babies today after the concrete has dried and they look like they need a little more rusty, brown, blackish wash to me. But that's the neat thing about this treatment. You can just layer it on. I'm really just beginning the aging process. Nature will do the rest. I do not seal it or anything.


I just get the look I love faster!

The beautiful pieces below are from the Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgia. These have aged naturally but you can kind of get the idea of what look I'm after . . .



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures. I guess some people are "creeped" by cemeteries, but not me. I just love the old tombstones and statuaries--they were beautiful.

Thanks for the tutorial on aging concrete, I'm sure I will use it.

I love all of your tutorials and appreciate you sharing your tried and true techniques.

~Teri~

Paula said...

I aged all of my garden statues by pouring buttermilk on them. I have no idea where I learned that, but I've always done it...I'm sure I read it somewhere. You can imagine, as icky as it sounds, what it does...gives it that old, mossy, moldy look. Of course, you have to put up with the smell for a while, but thankfully, they're out in the gardens! They take on the look of all those old southern grave markers that have been around for centuries. I know it's totally gross, but it works wonderfully! :-)


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...