Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Victoria Magazine


Photographs by Wendi Schneider
You must go and see her beautiful work!



I've been noticing that some of the new people involved with Victoria magazine and it's revival have visited several of my most favorite bloggers. Victoria magazine was absolutely, undeniably, timeless.


At first when I bought Victoria magazine years ago, I sliced them apart, saving my most favorite pages and inserting them into sheet protectors and notebooks. And believe me, I sliced MANY pages . . . I have many notebooks, as a matter of fact!! But as the years passed, I could not cut them up anymore! When I received my final issue and realized that it finally was the very last one, I was so, so sad. I started searching them out at thrift stores and buying years and years of them to stash away because I loved them. Victoria was a constant. Timeless, beautiful, undeniably elegant.


The photography is what stands out the most to me. Of course, the subject of the photography was gorgeous but the way in which it was taken was always so much a part of Victoria magazine. What amazing photographs ~ this is why we loved Victoria ~ the beauty they showed in their magazine and their continued support for women and their efforts to earn a living creating beautiful things. Sign up for your subscription here.


Wishing you all a wonderful day ~

13 comments:

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Ohhhhhhhh I LOVE those photos! Especially the last one, which is dripping with tassels and lace and goodness! My Mom gave me her Victoria magazines after she read through them, and I somehow managed to save three from the early 90's. Like you said, they are timeless - I could read any one of those 1990/1991 issues today as if it were brand new!

oldflowers4me said...

oh - thankyou- i went and had a look at the photos, they took my breath away-hop skip and jump . love jo.

Lori said...

I CANNOT BELIEVE that you tore apart your Victoria magazines...I did everything short of perusing them wearing white cotton gloves to keep mine pristine!! :) I am SO excited that it is coming back!!

Sam I Am said...

hmm...this is like the third time i've ever heard of this magazine... am going to have to look for it the next time i go to barnes and noble. i hope they carry it?
lovely photos!

sandy

HopHopJingleBoo said...

hello, found you awhile back and ,just love your look..added you to my blog..and so happy to read a secondtime now, that Victoria magazine is coming back,..i have every issue, just could not part with them.. Debra

Anonymous said...

I tore up my issues to. I liked using them in collages and on cards. I do wish I had them again. Thanks for listing where to subscribe! I went right over to do that.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait. I am just so excited about this. I love all my old mags. hope it's gonna be as good as it was, well even better!!

Mica

One Crabapple said...

O-M-G !

OHHHH-M-G !!!

((((running in circles, hands waving around flapping like wings))))

I did not know about this !

I am KISS KISS KISSSSSING YOU for telling this information.

I have every VICTORIA ever made I think. OHHHHH

Isn't this GREAT NEWS ???

Thank you thank you thank you !

xo- S.

One Crabapple said...

ps - you CUT your Victoria Magazines ?
(((gulp)))

Lana Manis said...

Is this not the best news EVER? Victoria is coming back!!!

Thanks for helping spread the word!

Lana

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know of a recipe in Victoria Magazine that is for a Lemon Pound Cake? My mother lost her issue that had the recipe and we have been looking ever since. PLEASE PLEASE help us. She remembers it calling for Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix, grola oil( not sure how to spell correctly), lemon zest, lemon extract, eggs, water.

Dr Peggy said...

Yes, I have that lemon cake recipe. If you contact me at drpeggythibodeau@gmail.com I will type it out for you. Not gonna type it unless you see this, as the comment is old!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Dawn! I just came across this 7 years later. Never too late for a thank you and to connect. Wishing you all the best!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...