Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Delicious Punch Recipe ~


What is happening to me? This is not a foodie blog but I just keep thinking about sharing a few recipes with you and just can't resist posting them. This is a recipe great for graduation parties, showers or whatever . . .

Tropical Punch

6 cups water
3 cups sugar

Cook until sugar is dissolved in a dutch oven or big pot. Remove from heat.

Add:

Three 32 oz. cans of unsweetened pineapple juice
One 6 oz. can of frozen orange juice concentrate
1/2 cup lemon juice
3 cups of smashed bananas (approx. 9)

Pour into two 1-gallon jugs or containers leaving room at the top add lid and freeze at least two hours (but I've made it days in advance). Take out of freezer at least 45 minutes before serving and pour one gallon of slush into punch bowl.

Add one 2-liter of ginger ale over each 1 gallon of mix. (so you will need to buy two 2 liters of ginger ale)
As you can see it makes a lot of punch but you'll need it as it will be gone in no time!

Wedding Punch on FoodistaWedding Punch

6 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I've heard this called wedding punch, since it's sometimes made for wedding showers; one group of ladies that threw together a wedding shower added champagne to theirs. I don't drink, but the punch was good w/o the champagne. I had forgotten about this recipe, thanks for the reminder. Good on a hot day!!

Lori said...

sounds wonderful, will have to try...

Lori said...

hey, i just posted a recipe also...we are not one~dimensional after all...right???...come and see, these cookies are to die for!!!

Deb said...

Your recipes sound delicious - looking forward to trying them :-}

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I am thinking like you...that salad from yesterday...I've been keeping it in the freezer and remaking every week...
Your punch sounds great. I make an ambrosia punch. I've also been thinking about my best chicken salad recipe (somewhere in the depths of my blog) and chocolate zucchini bread!!! There is a blog called Chocolate and Zucchini and she has a new book out...must go find that one.

Crafty Mama said...

Mmm... that punch sounds delicious. Definitely going to give that recipe a go! Thanx!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...