Wednesday, May 2, 2007

It's a good thing!

OK, if you've not been to your local Michael's and seen this wonderful ultrafine glitter, you're missing it! Martha has a wonderful line of scrapbooking supplies that have just been added to the Michael's stores but this glitter is what I was drawn to. Her other items are really neat, clean and modern looking and I'm just such a vintage gal that I passed those up...but this glitter is really beautiful. This COLOR is beautiful. Bronze but even a bit sepia to me and sepia is so very vintage. There's even a rose color!

Also, Somerset Life. What a beautiful magazine. I don't even think you should call it a magazine. It's a book to keep and treasure. Run, to your nearest bookstore and buy it, a little pricey but worth every dime. AND, to top it all off, Corey of Tongue in Cheek has written a wonderful article about blogging in it. LOVE IT!




9 comments:

Lori said...

I JUST found out about Martha at Michaels on another Blog and I said I would go just for the glitter!! From the pictures posted it looked like there were about a bajillion colors to choose from...Can't wait to go!!

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Hello! I can't wait to see Martha's new line at Michael's! That glitter looks fabulous! The Somerset Life magazine looks wonderful- is it new? I've heard of the other somerset magazine, but not this one. I too am a fan of Waterhouse- his paintings are so beautiful and romantic.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

What a cute bottle. I must get there soon!! Curious to see everything there.

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I haven't seen this Martha line of items but now I will, for the glitter. I bought the magazine this week...I was thumbing through it and saw a picture of some old books and thought hmm, those look like the ones Corey posted about. Sure enough the article was about her - it was definitely pricey but worth it.
Thanks for the heads up - I'm off to Michaels tomorrow!

Raised In Cotton said...

I have been to Michaels twice this week to look at Martha's new line. Still do not have that lovely bronze glitter though:( I "tagged" you.

Hugs,
Carol
http://raisedincotton.typepad.com/

Anonymous said...

Yes!! I bought some of that glitter today - not bronze howeverf. Can't wait to try it out :)

lauren said...

Just went there last night and saw her line and bought the mag. (plus the lastest Somerset Studio to boot!) ahhhhh, life is good...

;)

Pat said...

Dawy, you are an amazing young lady! Thank you for sharing the MS info from Michaels, just what I need another addiction - collector of stuff that I will never get around to using. Love the color you selected. I am looking forward to seeing your creations with MS glitter.

Have a great day and I plan to stop by Saturday to pick up my prize!

Take care, Pat

Jen Kershner said...

I just popped in for a visit & a little catching up and I discovered they we have posts that share a name. I'm just itching to get my hands on that glitter but I haven't bought any yet. I will take a look at that magazine tomorrow while I'm at Barnes and Noble.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...