Monday, May 14, 2007

OK, what has happened to me?

I have gone nuts. I went to Scott's Antique Market near Atlanta this past Saturday and had such a great time with my husband and son (I did almost melt but that's Georgia humidity)

BUT, what I've discovered is . . . I love JUNK. Cast off items that no one loves anymore. Broken watches, metal pieces that belonged to something, who knows what, crazy old buttons, pins and single earrings with no mates . . . I love it all.

I see them all in artwork and having a new home where they will be treasured again. Take a look at my simple little finds:




I see a wonderful assemblage coming soon inside this metal clock case!


11 comments:

Gypsy Purple said...

Oh my...this is beautiful "junk"....you are going to make stunning things with this!!

FrostingsNSparkles said...

Fabulous junk!! I love it too, Antique Stores are like Candy stores!! Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve :D

FrenchGardenHouse said...

We LOVE junk!! That's part of what makes us sisters in spirit...isn't it???

While our families and friends in the real world may not "get it" ~ we have each other out here in blogworld to ooh and ahh over the things we find and love.

And I DO love all your finds!
Lidy

Lori said...

dawn, i LOVE your junk. i can NEVER find good stuff like this!! maybe the trick is not to be looking for it!!

Betty Jo said...

I can only imagine the beautiful creations you will make with these super found items. I love junk too! xoxo

Cape Cod Washashore said...

That's not junk! It's a treasure trove!!!

suzi finer said...

excellent junking...you do have the eye!
love

Niki Fretwell said...

What beautiful photos of fabulous junk!
I can see you will have lots of fun with these treasures....

Becky said...

Just love your blog. I have been looking in and your love junk comments cracked me up. I have the same problem and old watches are my newest obsession. What lucky finds, Happy hunting.

Anonymous said...

Hey one man's junk is another woman's treasure. People are no longer shocked if I retrieve their cast offs. Happy hunting.

Anonymous said...

What a kindred spirit! One of my very favorite things is to find a bag of trinkets all grouped together. Love all of your treasures, can't wait to see what you do with them.

Hugs,
Carol
http://raisedincotton.typepad.com/


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...