Thursday, April 26, 2012

Making pretty things...


I just never get tired of it!!!
I'm fortunate in the fact that I have the time to make
these little treasures...

First a sweet image for you ~


To save the LARGEST size of my images:

Right click on the image.
Left click "OPEN LINK IN NEW WINDOW"
Then....Left click the image AGAIN.....
you will now have the FULL SIZED IMAGE.
Now you can right click it to "save image as"
and save it to your own computer.





I have a special order of two lavender sachets that have the same
"feel" as my recent cream/white needle books ~
PLUS my customer wanted to be able to replace the lavender buds inside
once they lose their fragrance.
SO, this is what I came up with!

It's a bit of a pouch....
with ties at the top.
Same layered linens and lace ~



My lavender insert is created from a loose weave scrim ~
that will let that wonderful fragrance out!



A few goodies I used ~





See how I left the top open and added a couple of seam binding ties?



And then I inserted the scrim lavender pouch ~



 Then I embellished it with a scrunchy seam binding bow, a few antique buttons and voila!




 I just love this tiny old bread tin...I keep pretty buttons inside.



 And now I'm ready to start the other sachet to complete her order!




I did cut out a few extras I hope to add to my Etsy shop in a few days too :)

I hope you've been having a wonderful week...
sometimes it's hard to squeeze a little creativity into our schedules,
but it's always so rewarding when we do!!!

Wishing you a GREAT Thursday dear friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn



16 comments:

marie said...

These are beautiful Dawn...you're so creative! I'm sure your customer will be thrilled with these.
Thank you for showing us how you made them. I have a huge bag of lavender...and I'm feeling inspired!

Charlene said...

What treasures!!!! And thank you for sharing that adorable sweet little girl!!!! Have a beautiful weekend. My Grandsons will be here with us this weekend & I can't wait to play with them. HUGS!
Charlene

Lululiz said...

You will one very happy customer, the sachets are delightful.

Maggie said...

I like seeing all of your detailed pictures! Your little pouch is so beautiful. I'm doing an art/craft show this weekend and coincidentally sewing up a batch of lavender sachets, too! I love the smell, but after working with a pound and a half of it all day, I have a major headache. My studio is now VERY aromatic!

Theresa said...

Beautiful creation! AS ALWAYS:) I wish I had your talent! Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautiful, Dawn! You've covered a lot of the senses with these, too. I got a lovely handkerchief as part of a swap and that got me taking out different laces I have, layering them on top of a small tote to see how they might look together. I love the way it looks and hope to get started on that soon. Especially since my new sewing machine arrived yesterday afternoon!

Sandy said...

These are so beautiful! Imagine the smile every time you open a drawer and see one of these.

Sherrie said...

Another gorgeous creation! Thank you for sharing your sweet image!

Cindy said...

These are so beautiful! Love all the creamy fabric and notions..lovely!

Lily's Lace said...

You must stay up late at night and think of these things and make a list! How on earth do you come up with something new almost every other day? You are just too fabulous for words! I think my list will just be to make everything that you've made, it hurts my little pea brain to think of all these ideas!

Miss you sweet girl, you have to come back to Texas! We've all decided you'll stay 2 nights with each of us, a party every night! Love you!xoxoxo-cindy

Barbara Jean said...

Love your little lavender pouch!!

Be sure to tell the buyer, that to refresh the lavender just squeeze it a bit.
I have had my lavender sachet for years. =)

blessings
barb

imsteelefullofscrap said...

Beautiful treasure and love the sweet image

Dorthe said...

A very lovely idea, dearest Dawn, and oh so beautiful is your lavender bag-I know your costumer will LOVE it.
Mathilde is home again, and I so miss her little voice,calling :grandma...it is difficult to live so far apart,Dawn-but I`m happy for the beautiful dayes we have had,and waits for her next visit.
Warm thoughts and hugs for you,precious friend.
Love,Dorthe

Sandie said...

OH! Dawn! Your SWEET SWEET vintage inspired lavender sachets are just divine, as have been your needle books! Thank you for sharing the lovely photos of the beautiful lace, fabrics and embellishments you have gathered and used in your designs.
Sweet Spring blessings......~Sandie

Jann said...

Love this--it's so beautiful and sweet!

Dortesjs said...

aww gorgeous loVe your adorable things. I also make those stuff so wonderfull adore vintage


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...