Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A day in the life...

A small vignette in our little farmhouse...of course featuring a bird's nest and
dried hydrangeas ~ my favorites!




The weather here in Georgia has been SO STRANGE!!!
Chilly and terribly windy, you would not BELIEVE the wind!!
Our poor old pecan trees just couldn't take it and this is what I found today....
A massive limb fell on our poor little jacked-up fence!!!
I guess now it's REALLY in rough shape ~ Brent's going to clean this up for us...
and use the pecan wood in his smoker. I just hope he can fix the fence too.

I'm so sad...I can't even show you what the wind did to our
screen door on the front porch! It blew it open and
broke out the panel on the bottom...





A sweet frame I finally filled with all of the boys photos....and sweet Emily and Clara too!
I'll have to add a spot for our baby Murray, won't I?



You just never know what a day will hold, do you?
We need to cherish the days...
cherish the time...
and cherish each and every moment with those we love ~


Have a wonderful Tuesday sweet friends!!!
hugs and love,
Dawn





7 comments:

Rebecca Nelson said...

Growing up in Cali I didn't really understand WIND except with the Santa Ana Winds blew...

Then I moved to Oklahoma and my life changed FOREVAHHHHH!!!!

I'm sorry for your tree and sorry for your screen door! :(

xoRebecca

Hopemore Studio said...

Oh that wind was something yesterday! Must have blown through half the country. Hope your fence gets fixed up and the door. I don't know much about pecan trees but I have been thinking more that I need to learn about them then replant some nice sturdy ones.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Oh my gosh, that was some wind, Dawn! We had some wind the past few days but nothing damaging. I'm sure your son will have that fence good as new and your screen door will be fixed. You are so right, I treasure every minute I get to spend with my family.

Theresa said...

It really is WINDY around here! My husband had to repair some of our fence from the last storm we had! Love your vignette, so pretty!

Have a blessed day dear Dawn, HUGS!

Dorthe said...

Love your vignette, dearest Dawn- and so sad you lost such a big branch of your beautiful Pecan tree. At least it will help warm your sons home .
I dearly hope for you the screen door panel can be fixed, precious friend, and that the fence can be totally fixed again, also.
We know that kind of storms here, they are terrifying,and frightening.
Hope for you it is all over now!
LOve you, xx
Dorthe

Our Country Bungalow said...

Been windy here in Michigan too.

I'm sorry to hear about your tree and the screen door. Bummer.

Hope things calm down a bit!

~cathy

Lily's Lace said...

It was all those Georgia heavy sighs of relief for a cooler day!! Glad you're ok!! xoxox-cindy


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...