Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easily distracted & a big SALE!



I really am lately!
I've been torn between working on my house and
sprucing it up and creating artwork...
Oh well, I guess I should be happy I get ANYTHING
accomplished, right?

Noah's on Spring break this week and we're just hanging around here.
Nothing fancy planned, just relaxing and seeing what I can get done :)

Here's the sweet lady I bought in Texas to share with you:



I have a canvas started, YAY!
But that's it...I've not gone any further with it.




One reason is I'm considering using the back
(now that the front is all ready for something!)
I'll probably cover the back as well....



I have five needle books in the works too!



While my mom and dad were here for the reunion,
he replaced the faucet in our tiny master bathroom.
WELL,
while he had the pedestal sink out, I get the bright idea
to hang some embossed, paintable wallpaper I've had
for years...the wall was pretty damaged from removing
a sink cabinet and since I already had the paper, why not?

Of course, it's still not finished though...
the trim needs to be finished,
and of course painting.
Bye, bye apple green shiny junk ~
but what's so bad, I'm not too crazy about the blue I chose
about a year ago for this bath.
I wanted a very pale robin's egg blue and this is what
I ended up with...UGH!





My sweet Uncle Gene checks out my blog from time to time
and had been saving me these tins for two years!!!
He figured I could make something neat with them ~
how wonderful is THAT??



Bad photo below!
Mom and dad also brought me a bookcase they didn't need anymore
so I had to find a spot to cram it in, CRAM being the key word!
But I have so many books and mags I definitely need it....



And Brad painted our other bathroom the pretty cream color
that's in the rest of the house...and I added the fake silk slate blue
curtains that hang in front of the shower curtain liner.
They are so long they hang from the ceiling to the floor!
My dad hung the white shelf over the potty...now to accessorize it :)




It's so hard to get a good shot in these tiny bathrooms :)




So, do you see what I mean?
I'm running around here like a crazy chicken!

We'll just have to see what I get finished first...
are you like this?
I guess there's worse problems to have.



And the sale????
My Peat Pot Nest Baby kits have been marked down to almost
HALF PRICE!!!

Check out my Etsy store
HERE





Wishing you a wonderful day precious friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn


10 comments:

Vee said...

I rather like that blue that you chose. Bet you're glad to say goodbye to the green in the bathroom. That lady looks as if she's a cousin or something...I think I said that before. That's my problem lately...I've said everything before!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Dawn I am totally smiling at you because you sound just like me right now ~
It looks like you have gotten alot accomplished though!

hugs
Lori

Anonymous said...

I am so relating to your post with all the running around like a chicken. I was in the car the other day with all the different projects and things that needed to be done running around in my head and started to almost panic. Felt Jesus saying, "now Mary, you are thinking of this all wrong, You asked for abundant life and I have given it to you- enjoy, relax- be thankful for abundance of life!" Well it totally changed the way I am looking at things these days!!

Love your bathroom progress. I have that same wallpaper in my guestroom and breakfast nook area.I think the paint color is lovely but am wondering if you don't like if you could do a little white/color washing to it?

Sitting here by the fire today under the weather but cozy- we just got about 12 inches of snow on our pretty spring blooms today.

bee blessed
mary

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love that paper, Dawn, and I like the blue you have in your bathroom. Maybe with the paper and the trim you will like it better. Sometimes, when I have some time to myself, it's almost like I'm so excited I don't know where to begin! Do I make stuff or paint stuff or what!

Simply Shelley said...

Great post today Dawn...I spied a lovely old basket full of material..caught my eye :) You must show us what you decide to do with those tins your dear uncle saved for you...How nice that he thought of you. Blessings

NanaDiana said...

Well, and here I thought I had a lot of projects going on at the same time. I can see I am in good company. Love the wallpaper. I have used that a couple of times. Make sure to seal the seams REALLY good. I used an extra adhesive on it because it kept lifting ... and I have never had that problem with other papers. Mine was in the bathroom AND the dining room and both kept lifting.

Love your shelf AND your tins! xo Diana

At Home in English Valley said...

Hi Dawn, I'm in a blue period and love your blue walls with the white wallpaper. Those curtains are lovely too. Many designers are using blue as a neutral...is there anything as beautiful as the sky, and everything goes with it! Happy Easter dear Dawn. Love, Penny

Riki Schumacher said...

Busy girl! I can relate. I haven't blog hopped in months, so great to see what you've been up to. LOVE that paper, wow. Have fun Dawn, xox Riki

Dorthe said...

Sweetie Dawn, oh so many things you and your family have accomplished -and all looking so lovely. Well I can see it is not a Robins egg blue-but it looks so sweet with your "new" beautiful wallpaper , and the shelves are both practical and wonderful, to have in every room.Love the long blue curtains and the small shelve -looking very elegant with the cream wall.
Your sale is truly a steal dearest friend, I`m sure they will jump out your shop.
Sending much love and warm hugs.
Dorthe

Lisa said...

Dawn,
You have been a busy girl! Put those boys to work! I love what your doing with the bathrooms. That curtain is beautiful. Love that uncle brought those tins, isn't it wonderful that friends & family know us so well.
Lisa


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...