Friday, April 20, 2012

A look back...





Back when I owned my little antiques store...
I added a few wonderful dealers that I knew, just KNEW,
they had the most amazing taste
and I was so happy to add them
and their wonderful wares to our store.


Well, as our friendship grew and my tiredness grew :)
I eventually asked one of them to be my partner.
Cindy always had the most amazing knack for display,
and of course everything she found to sell, I loved!


After a few years I was ready to let her have the shop...
she was and still is, so very talented.
I would continue to visit The Plum Tree and shop from her
and her wonderful dealers!


Sadly, she closed the shop a while ago...
the smallest places have suffered with the bad economy.


I found this post from a few years ago and thought you would
love the gorgeous displays as it was in the Spring ~



Yesterday, my husband and I visited Cindy at The Plum Tree
in historic McDonough, Georgia.
I just love this store....not because I used to own it,
but because of how Cindy has transformed it into a treasure filled haven.
Just take a look and you'll see what I mean ~



Our new cabinet (yay!)
(we bought the wonderful shelves below...
they now rest on our buffet)





















































Sweet, huh?

I'm working on my studio today and we're all on baby watch. Emily's had spells of good contractions about 20 min. apart and then they stop. I just told her that's so good.....maybe she's dialating and will be ahead of the game when she finally does go into full labor!





You can tell this old post was from a few years ago...Clara is now three!!!
And now we are expecting her little brother Murray in September...
boy, how the time flies....
but these gorgeous pics are always beautiful ~
and I knew you would love them!!!!


Wishing you a wonderful Friday my sweet friends!!!
hugs and love,
Dawn





18 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh what a sweet shop! Wish I had shopped there before it closed! I remember you mentioning it before! Have a blessed day my friend, I enjoyed my visit with you! HUGS!

Antiques In Old Town said...

We miss The Plum Tree too... I could always find great things for my Shop. We have lost to many sweet shops in the last few years. When I,m out I try to always shop the little shops...do not want to loose any more. Thanks for sharing the memories. ps ...if you get shop sick you can always come spend the day here !

Allie said...

That was a magical space! Love how the displays were so thoughtfully done. This economy has been so brutal on so many great businesses. Hopefully, things will turn around soon. Thanks for this beautiful post. Have a wonderful weekend. -Al

nancarts said...

Love all the beautiful pics..even if they are "older." Know how exciting a new baby is! Expecting another at the end of June and I am so excited so see our new little girl! Congratulations.

Smiles and Blessings,
Nancy

Simply Shelley said...

I remember the Plum Tree....it was still your shop when I first started visiting you. It was a wonderful shop..so sad it had to close. I didn't know you were expecting another grand....congratulations. How wonderful!
Blessings

Vee said...

I remember this one... So sweet. I am sorry that this foul economy has taken another out and I'm praying that things will turn around for everyone soon. Your friend has a wonderful gift. Murray...what a wonderful name!

marie said...

What a wonderful shop...it's lovely that you have photos to remember it by. Cindy certainly had a way with display and an eye for beautiful things!

Enjoy your day in your studio!! I just know you're making magic in there!

My Vintage Heart said...

A lovely reminder! Didn't find the shop until after Cindy took over, but loved to visit there. Now I'm so thrilled to know Cindy through her and Wendy's beautiful booth at Scott Antique Market each month. What a way with the vintage pretties!! And...what a great person as well, I might add!!

mary beth said...

What a beautiful shop! The pictures make me want to jump in the car and go buy something from someone! So sad it had to close..I hope she kept her wares to reopen someday soon, so much talent there! Thanks for sharing your picgtures, they made my day!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Nice walk down memory lane. Pictures off wonderful goodies!

Unknown said...

what a magical place...

Gretchen Portwood said...

Thank you, Dawn, for sharing this beautiful shop. I love your blog.

Lisa said...

Dawn,
That was a good post, & a great store. So sad they couldn't hold onto it. Yup everyone wants to shop at Wal-mart I guess.
Lisa
PS The previous post showing your latest art is wonderful. Good pics, not surprised it sold quickly.

Sandi said...

What a gorgeous shoppe Dawn! Sure wish I lived nearby!! LOL
Blessings~

Sandi said...

What a gorgeous shoppe Dawn! Sure wish I lived nearby!! LOL
Blessings~

Shopgirl said...

Dear Dawn, I see why you love this sweet place...lots of wonderful eye candy. Arney is doing better after his accident. hugs, mary

Chenille Cottage said...

What a lovely post...and an opportunity to step back in time, my friend! I'm sad to hear that this charming little shop closed. I love spending hours in shops that feature such wonderful vintage pretties!
How sweet to read about your anticipation of little Clara three years later..and, to hear you are expecting another grandbaby!
Blessings on this sunny Sunday!
Carolynn..."Chenille Cottage" (my new blog)

ByLightOfMoon said...

You always show beautiful vingettes Dawn, And I love making them like you did in your store. I no longer have a store site either and really need to let go of many things I just like to see at home.

Sorry, about your fence to in the other post I saw today. It is nice to have your sons help you out around your home.
Smiles, Cyndi


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...