Wednesday, September 16, 2009

For the love of fall ~

My heart stirs for fall ~ I've always loved it.
It arrives late here in Georgia but it's wonderful.
My parents live in the north Georgia mountains
and we're looking forward to visiting them in October.
The leaves will be in their full glory ~



Listen ...
The wind is rising
and the air
is wild with leaves.
We have had our summer evenings
now for October eves.

HUMBERT WOLFE



Winter is an etching,
spring a watercolor,
summer an oil painting,
and autumn ...
a mosaic of them all.

STANLEY HOROWITZ




Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.

GEORGE ELIOT




Autumn's Glow

There is something about autumn
That brings out such earthiness
Gold leaves adorn bushes and trees
Like an artist with a brilliant brush

Once the leaves dry on the trees
Then the wind begins to blow
It’s a special time of year for me
Because I love autumn so

The cold dry air it seems
Prepare the leaves to fall
Mother Nature’s special time
Yes, it’s the best of all

What a dazzling way to end
The year as winter nears
The way leaves let loose
And dropp like nature’s tears

Oh yes, I love those golden days
Dreamy with autumn’s glow
It makes me smile because I do
Love the season of autumn so!

MARILYN LOTT






A couple of sweet photos that I placed
on vintage music paper and scanned together,
a great foundation for artwork ~ for you dear friends.
Click to enlarge, then right click
to save to your own computer ~




I hope your Wednesday is just wonderful!!
hugs and love,
Dawn

13 comments:

Dorthe said...

Beautifull wednesday blog, dear Dawn,-thank`s for the sweet emages.
and for all the great news you have send us.

Many hugs and love.
Dorthe

Theresa said...

Sweet Autumn...my Granddaughter's name:) Have a blessed day!

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

What a lovely post for fall! I just wish it felt a little more like fall here in Florida! I'm going to dig out my 'fall stuff' this weekend even if it is 90 degrees outside. I'll just turn down the ac and pretend!
Blessings!
Susie

Sandy said...

So far it looks like our Wednesday is going to be wet, very, very, wet! I will just cozy up inside the studio and play today, YEAH! I hope your day is filled with wonder and blessings.

Sweet Old Vintage said...

It's bittersweet....

Lori said...

i like this part of fall...warm in the day cool in the evening...but NOT late fall...because you know what happens here next...piles of snow that i am terrified to drive in...

SharDon Exclusives said...

Good rainy morning to you, dear friend. What a lovely lovely day to stay in our jammies and create! I hope that is what blesses you today. I am doing journals for Cora's Journals of Love Challenge...join in the fun & pleasure of making a journal. I have been emailing Shirley in Calif. She seems so very sweet. I am going to send her some of mine as well as continue to make my "Celebrate Life/Journals of Love" to donate to the Womens Pavillion for cancer here in Gwinnett County.
Have a wonderful day today, dear one,
Sharon

Rebecca said...

My favorite time of year...the sonnets were beautiful! Thanks for sharing
Blessings
Rebecca

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Lovely post! I'm looking forward to Fall as well. Takes a while here in NC too.
bunny hugs,
shell

Charlene said...

Thank You for sharing the poems & images. I love Autum too. And we just don't get much color here in Texas. One of my favorite places to go is Ashville, NC in the fall. The Blue Ridge Mountains are divine.A room at the Grove Park Inn & a drive throught the color is a Fall Dream come true! Thanks for the encouragement for my teaching the soldering class Saturday. I am nervous but, know it will all work out fine. Everyone has to cross over the "first time" flutters. RIGHT? Hugs!

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

What a lovely post. I, too, love fall. The colors are just glorious! I always feel content when I visit your blog. Thx for your lovely posts.

Blessings
Kitty

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

such lovely pictures Dawn... I was trying to "avoid" fall at all costs because I wasn't ready to let go of summer. But now, I am going to embrace it and enjoy the cool nights and pretty leaves.

Happy fall! xoxo Heather

Cheryl at Casual Cottage Chic said...

I love when Fall arrives...a bit "late" here, too {Southern California}. I am going to take some pictures this weekend of surrounding trees and then wait till the leaves turn to take "after" pictures to post on my blog. It will be awhile...lol! Thank you for sharing the lovely poems.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...