Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Such kindred spirits are found here ~


Don't you feel that way? As we gather on each other's blogs, we discover those that we are drawn to, those we have similar tastes and it is those blogs that we return to ~ to be inspired and to see things that we know we'll love.

Deborah from The Painted Nest sent me a treasure box, filled with beautiful things that she knew I'd love....things that she loves and KNEW that I would as well! Lace, buttons, papers, pearls, and beautiful fabric pieces....just to be sweet ~

She's just started blogging and is learning the ropes ~ getting familiar with posting photos and creating links. And doing a great job too!!! Deb thank you so much, you are so kind to me and you know that I love each and every trinket!!! I'm so glad that you're here in the land of blog and you know I'll help in any way I can ~








A little peek at the favors for the baby shower!





I just received an email from Susie asking what would you use these paper cones for....the tutorial link for making these is in my side bar. Well......this is what I told her:



The paper cones can be filled with candies on the holidays and would be great for Valentine's Day, little goodies like buttons, lace and ribbon for the seamstress, fill with lavender and hang on a cabinet knob, top with a handmade birds nest with a couple of eggs from the craft store ~ hang somewhere in your home where you need a little spring! Fill with paper shred and include a pair a beautiful earrings on a small card to give as a gift to a friend.....hang them on each chair post and include wonderful chocolates to give to guests after dinner ~

Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday sweet friends!
xxoo, Dawn

19 comments:

tam said...

I always enjoy your post Dawn-love all of you creative ideas! yes it is wonderful to meet so many like souls here in blogland!~Smiles~Tam!

Dorthe said...

Another wonderfull gift Dawn, that you truly deserve-i know-
they are all sweet beautifull things, --the cone very much too--
Have a great day Dear friend.
Hugs and love Dorthe

Mechelle said...

What a beautiful gift! I'm sure it was wonderful opening that one! That little bird is to die for!
The soaps for the shower are just gorgeous!!
Thank you for sharing you idea's about the cones~ I just love them! When we were kids we would fill them with flowers and notes and hang them on special friends doors for May Day. Why is it no one celebrates May Day anymore???
((Hugs)) Mechelle

Lori said...

what can't you put in those cones...i have many hanging all over my house...i have some filled with: my favorite millinery flowers, pretty vintage hankies, my favorite small dollies, pretty tiny vintage cards...i am sure the list goes on and on, but that is all i can think of right now...those soaps are lovely...i love all of the goodies that your friend sent to you!!! how NICE:)i wish everyone was so nice...remember your snarky comment leaver Dawn? well, someone has found me and is leaving snarky little comments...that really makes me mad...blogland is my happy place...and i don't appreciate someone trying to sabotage it...i have had to turn on my comment moderation...

LADY JANE said...

Dawn,Did you get your sock corsage finished? I have been so busy lately and have not blogged much...so I stopped in to "catch up" and see how the shower "planning" is coming! I just booked a Mardi Gras Party Fundraiser for a church so if you have any ideas to share please let me know.....
I love the package of goodies you received...lol...amazing how those little long lost treasures of lace and buttons can thrill us girls! Take care!

Sheila Rumney said...

Dawn, you have an amazingly lovely spirit and I so enjoy visiting your blog daily. Have a wonderful day!

Sally L. Smith said...

Great idea for the cones, Dawn. I love cones but because I'm too practical, I'd not found a good use for them. Now I have. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Oh Mizz Dawn!
What fun mail,,great treasures, Deborah knows what you like. The soap is sweet,,I need to look at the line.
Have a wonderful creative day!
Thats what I am doing....
Marcie

Coleen said...

Hi Dawn!

Thanks for the cone idea...I may make some as favors for my daughters wedding...in Dec. 2009....hmmm...now to figure out what to put in them..she is having a Winter Wonderland theme...any suggestions???
Anybody??? maybe use some sparkly shreds inside...also would love to see that wedding garland!!!

XOXOX,
Coleen (aka "Queenie" or "weefae")

Unknown said...

Your gifts are so lovely! What a wonderful package to receive! I'm sure you'll do lovely things with all of it.

Anonymous said...

Dawn, every time I come over here there is something beautiful to see!
Diane

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen the new mag yet bit congratulations for now!!
D.

Barbara Jean said...

Dawn,
What a great gift Deborah sent you!
I know you will have fun with all of that

The clear soaps are wonderful too.
I can tell you are having soo much fun with the baby shower planning and gathering.

Thanks for tips on the cones. We can alwasy use more ideas for those.

I can never thank you enough for all your help and encouragment with my blog. And, for posting about the bird nest tutorial.
I have had so much ownderful response to that.

Blessings on your day.

Barbara Jean

Charlene said...

The soaps are beautiful! That shower is going to be so special! Emily & Clara are so lucky to have you (as are all of us). Your goodie package is divine. I will hop over & welcome Deborah to Blogland! Always great to have new friends. Have a wonderful day. Be warm we sent you some YUCKY WEATHER!

lorhen82 said...

I feel the same way, Dawn. I knew there were people out there who like the same things that I do, but to meet so many of them is great! Your gifts are so pretty - I'm sure you'll enjoy them. ~Lori

P.S.
I hope this isn't a duplicate comment - I had a problem with it processing.

Marilyn Miller said...

The paper cones would be lovely hanging on someone's door with flowers tucked in for May Day.

Phyllis said...

You are so right about being drawn to certain blogs. I've got so many bookmarked now and most of them are sewing related or gardening, or just plain artistic.

I love the soaps; they are gorgeous!

Holly Campbell said...

What beautiful gifts from a lovely friend! The cone is just gorgeous!

Wish on a Whisker said...

Pretty presents! I know you will make something sweet. ~Mandy


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...