Thursday, April 16, 2009

Found: Good Stuff!

I found a few treasures today!! I ran out of one of my favorite things, Liquitex Matte Gel Medium (I always use a coupon for this!) and had to run to Michael's to get more. I needed a little antiquing fix too so I stopped by the antique mall nearby and found a few little things! Well, not the flowers, they're from Michael's and I love them! They have a bit of a vintage look to them and I thought they'd work well in some projects I'm in the middle of.

See the neat sugar sack?? I just love it! Only five dollars too....two cabinet cards of some precious babies that I'll be sure to scan and share with you :) The little tins need to become pin cushions, don't you think? And a 70's poetry book that's not too attractive but I love the Emily Dickinson poems inside. I'll be sure to share some of my favs with you too!!




I'm so picky about any scrapbooking paper that I buy ~ you know I love old, worn and vintage so it has to have that "feel" to it....this pad of paper on clearance at Michael's was just what I needed to go with the flowers ~






I just have to share a little news with you!!! I've been asked to create a few things for The Vintage Workshop and Indygo Junction! How cool is THAT?? I love vintage images, so you know I'm in heaven using theirs in my artwork....and here are a few patterns they sent that I want to try first ~ I've got to start using up some of this fabric stash!!!



Well, I've done it. Unbelievably, I've posted 900 posts! A giveaway is coming soon, really, really soon.......so stay tuned!!!

Wishing you a wonderful Thursday sweet friends ~
xxoo, Dawn


17 comments:

debi said...

Looks like you found some really fun things! Love the sugar sack!
Congrats on 900 posts...wow!

Joyce said...

Oh Dawn...you lucky, lucky girl!! Not only finding these sweet treasures, but being asked to create for the vintage workshop & inygo junction~ oh my, they know a talented artist when they see one!! Congratulations!

Dorthe said...

Many-many-many-many congratulations sweet dear friend, 900 posts -wow-
and every day I`m on to follow you, eighter private, or with your wonderfull art.

Love and hugs to you.
Dorthe

The Other Side of Me said...

Good Morning, Dawn~

You have found some more goodies I see! I really like the old Domino sack and the cabinet cards are lovely images. Have fun creating with the flowers and papers from Michaels.

See you soon,
Tammy

Ellen said...

I've made up the IJ pincushions and they are precious! Have fun!

Charlene said...

Love your treasurs. I am going to Antique stores Friday. I can't wait to see what I find. My wallet is afraid!!!!!!!! I have been a little obsessed with it all lately. I too love Indigo Junction stuff. I have a number of their patterns. Congratulations on being asked to design for them. Saw the Fairies in a Jar in the magazine. So glad I had already bought your tutorial. Eberyone should purchase the full instructions from you. They are so cute. Hugs to you & Clara.

Sandy said...

Congrats on reaching 900 posts AND on the honors of creating more art for some really great sites!!! I love flowers and papers, they do have that vintage vibe. You and yours have a wonderful day!

The Painted Nest said...

Sweet Dawn, I'm so STOKED for you!!! I knew doors would start to open for you!!! And sweet friend it's only just the beginning!! Richest Blessings, Deborah

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Congratulations on 900 posts! That is amazing! Love all your finds and can't wait to see your new projects!
Be well, Laura

Kim said...

Well it sounds as if you had a very good day :) Happy crafting , and thank you for the Wonderful flora prints in the post below - they're gorgeous!

Vee said...

I need to go on a shopping trip with you to see what passes muster. My thought is that I need to get way more picky. Thanks for the mini lesson!

kathy said...

Yahoo ! keep going my girl , Congrats on the new opportunity -
You are so gifted -- makes me proud of My GA gal friend -- can't wait to see what you create --
Kathy-ga --
p.s bought the same flowers -- have a vintage feel and a little frosty bling --

Dianne Long said...

Congrats! How fun is that?! I can't wait to see what you make. And wow again on almost 900 posts. I just love your blog, I find myself coming almost every day and just browsing and always seeing something new and exciting that I love. You are one of the most creative souls I have found in the blogworld!

Barbara Jean said...

Great everything there Dawn.

Love the way your flowers and the paper go so well together, and how fun to do that class, and use those patterns.

CONGRATULATIONS!! on almost 900 posts. We can all believe it, cause you are always putting new things up. That's why we all love to come visit. Always something fun and new and generous.

Love you,
Blessings,
Barbara Jean

Anonymous said...

Dawn, that is really wonderful news! Congratulations! Now I can't wait to see what you design! It sounds like a whole new facet of your creativity awaits you!
Diane

Free Art Printables said...

Dane, those are some fabulous finds! Jen

The Jeweled Postcard said...

I always love your finds, so fun to see everything! I can't imagine a day shopping with you ;)
Also love that bird picture you did :) Have a wonderful day!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...