Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A bird for you ~

I've been going through some of my beautiful vintage images to scan and print copies to take to the ladies this Friday. I've used this one before in my artwork and may have given it to you before but if not.....



I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing

in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance
that I should have been by any epaulet I could have worn.

~ Henry David Thoreau ~


xxoo, Dawn

10 comments:

The Painted Nest said...

I'm so excited for you Dawn!!! Just the first step in many!!! OPEN DOORS !!!! Just keep steppin' through!!!! Great Times Ahead !!! It's time for YOU to Sore!!!! Blessings Sweet Friend, Deborah

Vintage Papers said...

this is so precious! :)

Willnnabel said...

Thank You it's a lovely print.

Debby said...

What a beautiful birdee.
Debby

Beth Leintz said...

Thanks again for another great picture- I love those Singer Sewing Birds. I've downloaded so many images from you that you have your own file on my computer!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the print, Dawn!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

tam said...

Thank you Dawn! I always can use more birds for my print collection! Hope you have a good rest of your week~Smiles~Tam!

Suzann said...

This is just precious. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I totally agree with Henry David Thoreau's comments! I've always felt that a connection with an animal that way is a little visit with our Creator - a very personal one - maybe just His way of saying "Hi, I'm here for you..."

Love the wall of baby pictures and YES hankies are art in your hands.

Hugs, Diane

Elizabeth said...

Are scanners very expensive? I would love to get one...I love your bird prints. Birds are my FAVORITE! (Next to kitties).

When I get a color printer, I'm going to go back through your posts and print out all the lovely pictures you've share.

Thanks, friend!
Elizabeth


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...