Friday, July 18, 2008

Friends are Earth's angels ~



It is a sweet thing, friendship, a dear balm,
A happy and auspicious bird of calm.

P. B. Shelly



Isn't this quote beautiful? It's quite simple and so true. You dear friends are so kind to me, cheering my on in my little artwork, projects and ideas. Thank you for that. It's amazing to me what true kindness can do for the human spirit. Here in the land of blog,
I experience this kindness on a daily basis.
Friends across the miles, reaching out and sharing ideas.

Today I had a friend call me that I haven't talked to in several months. We get busy with our own lives and time seems to pass us by. We've known each other since I was thirteen years old and she was eighteen. Even though time lapses by, when we talk to each other, it's like it was just yesterday. We pick up right where we left off. Her precious little yorkie of 14 years passed away Tuesday and she called to tell me. I'm so glad she did . . . she needed comforting and I'm so thankful that she chose me.

Late this afternoon my son came inside carrying a box that the mail woman left by the door that I somehow overlooked. It had a puffiness to it that showed
it was packed to the brim!!

When I opened this treasure box and began pulling out each and every item . . . I was AMAZED!!! My dear friend
Vikki at Humble♥Heart sent me the MOST
amazing care package ever!

She truly is a kindred spirit and we love so many of the same things. Vikki mentioned that she had tons of buttons and would like to mail me some. Well, being the button glutton that I am, I said YES, I would love some!!!
This is what I received....just look at the wonderfulness ~ remember to click the photo to enlarge!!


















Thank you so very much sweet Vikki ~ you are a kindred spirit with such a generous heart. I will try to make you proud with the artwork I create with these treasures.
Wishing you all a very happy Friday!

xxoo,
Dawn

28 comments:

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Dawn, That was so thoughtful of Vikki, she must be really special to part with such treasures, but knowing she is a kindred spirit the giving is what makes you feel so good. Can't wait to see all the artwork you make.
Hugs,
Bonnie

Classics and Country said...

What wonderful goodies. That is so thoughtful, it seems she really knows your taste. Great treasures. Have a Happy Friday!

Lori said...

WOW!!! what a box full of treasures:) Vikki really pulled out all the stops here, what a good friend!!!

Anonymous said...

Everything is beautiful! What a sweet and thoughtful friend!! Enjoy your treasures!

Debi said...

Hi Dawn,
I just got goosebumps reading your lovely post! What a wonderful friend you have and what a tresure chest she sent you! I can't wait to see what you create!It is a ture gift to have a such a wonderful friend!
Hugs,
Debi

vikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Cinnamon Stick said...

Oh Dawn...such generous friends...you are going to NEED a new STUDIO....LOL!! OR...you better get creating to use up these wonderful treasures. XO Judy

vikki said...

hi sweet♥ ~ i am so tickled that you love everything! i have such fun packing the box for you my kindred angel! you are sucha talented, lovely lady that does such beautiful heart♥felt creations. i always believed that if u have x*tras to share & pass on that love to others. the happiness it gave me to give to you ~ that is what it is all about. enjoy creating with your new treasures m'sweet dear friend. with love, blessings, & hugs, vikki ♥ sooo sorry to hear 'bout your friends' yorkie. they are like our 4-legged children. may she find sweet peace & love in the memories. vikki ♥

A Wild Thing said...

Sharing with friends spreads lifes little joys all 'round the world and sharing YOUR gift is like receiving it...have a wonderful Friday playing with your new toys...

sharon

Anonymous said...

You lucky little featherless bird! What a haul you ended up with! I love "here in the land of blog." Such a dignified, true phrase! Tell your friend to come cry on my shoulder. I have two Yorkies, poor demented likely-inbred little souls. And I too am a "button glutton." Hadn't ever heard that either. But I love it!
Brenda

Denise said...

Dawn,you are so lucky to have such sweet friends. I know you will make something amazing with all your little treasures.
xxooDenise

Vee said...

What a lovely collection of gifts to lift the spirits. I love how you described your friend calling you for comfort and being grateful that she had chosen you. Proves what a friend you are, too.

Nancy Hood said...

Oh wow, you had Christmas in July :) Can't wait to get back online and catch up with all your posts. I miss a daily dose of The Feathered Nest :)

Elizabeth said...

Wow, what a terrific package. I hope you will show us what you create.

Have a great day!
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Wow that's a wonderful package!! Can't wait to see what you create!
Diane

Bee Haven Bev said...

What an amazing care package....just made me drool a bit!! You will have so much fun using all of those goodies. Can't wait to see what creative things you come up with!

Pecos Blue said...

NIce post and a great friend. I just had a great conversation with an old friend and sent her the quote you used.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Waohw... que de belles choses !! C'est tellement mignon, on croit rĂªver ! So nice, so pretty. I have no words....

Teresa said...

What a wonderful box of inspiration! Can't wait to see what you make with it.

Anonymous said...

Dear Dawn,
What a wonderful box of goodies! I always love the mystery of boxes and what's inside, and you couldn't beat this one! I am also so happy for your news about the new arrival! I called my grandparents Mimi and Papa, and now my children call my parents the same names. Couldn't be sweeter!

Anonymous said...

Wau, that's quiet a package! What a wonderful gift. I guess now you really have to put on your creative thinking cap and put all these wonderful things too good use.

Shopgirl said...

What a delightful package you recieved....you are going to make wonderful things, you always do.
Today was more Birthday for me at lunch, more gifts and priceless friendships.
Your, Mary

Unknown said...

Dawn,
With these beautiful treasures you are probably dreaming of all the creations that you can make. What a wonderful surprise inside that box. Karen

Sherri said...

what a sweet and wonderful bounty! I know your head is whirling with ideas for it. Can't wait to see what you make.

Elizabeth said...

Thank you for the wonderful ideas about my shadow box. I will have to search through my treasures to see what I can come up with!

Blessings!
Elizabeth

reagan said...

What an amazing care package, and I can't think of a more deserving person to receive it:-) You bless us all with your kindness that reaches out through your words. Have fun making beautiful things sweetie!
hugs,
Pam

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Dawn, that was so sweet of her to send you such great tresures! I loved them all. Thank you for the comment you left me..
I started my blog because of you.
I was so inspired by yours..
And I wanted one of my own.
I love it..
xoxo Nita

Tina Leavy said...

what fun..but you are so deserving Dawn..she knows you wil put all those goodies to wonderful use.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...