Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Something sweet...and something new!!!


The Ball Jar Co. contacted me a few days ago and
wanted to send me a few of their new Vintage Style Jars!!!
2013 marks the 100th anniversary of the first series
of jars designed by Ball brothers,
with each jar intended to be better than the one before.

1913 saw the launch of the first true "Perfect Mason" jar.
These limited edition blue Ball jars are a celebration
of the heritage featuring period-correct blue color
and embossed logos on the front and back.
These vintage-inspired blue jars maintain all of their modern standards
for quality and reliability.
And don't you just love that they are made in the U.S.A.?????

They are perfect for home canning needs...
or maybe you can think of something else to use them for!
I put my little brain to work to see what I could come up with...






Do you remember the other day when I had lunch at the French Market Tavern???
I found this amazing mason jar lid with chicken wire inside...
perfect to help arrange flowers!
I know it's a new market item made to look old though ~
I bought it but couldn't we make this ourselves??? I don't know...
TUTORIAL FOUND!
My sweet friend Penny of At Home in English Valley
made her own flower frogs!!!
You can read her tutorial HERE...
great idea Penny!!



Our gorgeous azalea bush is in full bloom so I clipped a few stems
to use the flower frog and share with you ~





I got to thinking about my sweet friend Cathe Holden
and her blog Just Something I Made...
and the gorgeous button labels she created a while back.

I KNEW the color would be PERFECT with these blue jars so
I pulled out a sheet of sticker paper.
These are FULL 8 1/2" x 11" pieces of sticker paper that you feed into
your printer to print whatever you desire.

First, I saved Cathe's image to my own computer.
I measured the jar tops to be 2" or under and opened my photo editing software
to size them down to fit the jar tops then printed them out!








Then I filled the jars full with wonderful, old buttons....
Of course, you know I had to add a little seam binding...I just love it so much!!!







I even fed the seam binding through a two holed button and tied a knot for this one.
What a wonderful way to store your precious button collection!!!




OH!!! And one more neat idea I came across:


I just love these and knew you would too...
I'd love to know what you would use them for ~
They should be hitting the stores very, very soon!

Thank you always, always for stopping by here to see what I'm up to ~
Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday,
hugs and love,
Dawn



32 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Dawn how cute are all of these. I especially love the button jars. So cute.
Kris

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

I sure hope I can find some of those blue jars, they would be perfect in my new sewing cabinet ~ Love the button jars...
Are you having a heat wave in Georgia? it looked that way on the weather map tonight...
xox
Cheryl

Barbara Jean said...

fun!! love the jars with the labels, but the rusty ring on them is my fave.

blessings

barb

Diane said...

Those are great! I like the labels too...Can't wait to find those jars in my store.

Jen said...

The jars are perfect for holding buttons and especially the lovely blue colour of the jars embellished with white. Love the tie through the button.

Okio B Designs said...

The jars are fabulous! Love how you dressed yours up!

Jeanine

Theresa said...

Love those jars and what you did with them:) Love it! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Lisa said...

Hey Sweetie,
You did good:)
Lisa

Beth Leintz said...

Dawn- Love this idea and I'm going to borrow it to store my buttons.

My mom was a huge home canner- pickles, tomatos, applesauce, if you could grow it in a garden, she'd can it. I never liked her canned vegetables, so I'm sure she'll laugh when I tell her I'm buying canning jars.

Brenda Evans said...

I would love to have some to drink out of. when we were kids we drank out of Mason jars and I loved it then and I still do. Come on lemonade and tea. Beautiful what you did with them.

The Old Parsonage said...

Hi Dawn

How fun! I have a ton of ball jars - new and old. I still can pickles and jam. We just used ball jars for the centerpieces at my daughter-in-law-to-be's shower. They held the flowers. We tied them with navy ribbon.

Have fun!
Leann

Sherly said...

Dawn they are beautiful !
question: what kind of printer do you have? alway comes out so clear.

thanks for all your inspiration,
Sherly

Curtains in My Tree said...


I love the new , old looking ball jars, but wondering if that will take the appeal away for our old ones? I love the vintage ones

I really like that sticker paper also

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I just loved these jars, too! So fun to see what you did with them!

Rebecca Nelson said...

Beautiful Miss Dawn. LOVE the JARS...and that chicken wire lid...hmmm...I think it could be done.

xoRebecca

Linda said...

Hi Dawn,

I just got in 2 cases of those jars. I ordered them from Amazon. They are really nice and I have plans for them. Free shipping was a bonus too! Love the lid stickers!
your flowers and buttons are beautiful too! Linda XO

At Home in English Valley said...

Dear Dawn, If I could have only one decorative container in my home it would be the blue ball jar! I love your button jars, Cathe is such a generous talent. I posted this http://www.athomeinenglishvalley.blogspot.com/2012/08/even-four-year-old.html tutorial to make the flower frogs. I'm sending some your way. They had to come out with new jars, I think I have most of the old ones:-) Love, Penny

Lorrie said...

I do love those button jars. I wonder if the blue Ball jars will make it to Canada. Sure hope so.

Dorthe said...

Those jars are beautiful, -such a lovely colour,and you used them in a most wonderful way,my dear Dawn!- The stickers you printed out looks fantastic on top of them- in the coordinaring colour, and with the seambinding around the neck!
Lovely project sweetie.
Love and hugs Dorthe

marda said...

You certainly came up with some great ideas.. but especially love the button jars. I've been collecting old buttons for some time now and what a great way to display them. I've done loads of canning in my day..and still have a pretty good stash of jars for storing food in the freezer. I hope these blue ones are readily available around the country. Thanks Dawn.

Belle West said...

Dawn, thank you for sharing these lovely ideas! Love the button jars, and your flowers are so pretty. I've always loved the blue Ball jars.

And, thank you for adding that seam binding color chart to your sidebar. I came here looking for that as I remembered you shared your source at one time. You are the BomB! Love you, friend! XO

Nancy Hood said...

I have to get some of those! Too cute and would look great in our area here on the Gulf Coast :)

Laurie said...

Oh, those are lovely! I saw these on another blog -- wish they would send me some!! I adore the button jar look!

Gerushia's New World said...

Dawn:

Thank you so much for sharing these jars. I had no idea they were reproducing these bluer versions for their anniversary. I have a ton of very old Ball jars, but none that are the deeper blue. I use them for all sorts of "stuff" around the house.

I love the chicken wire idea!

xoxo
Kim
Gerushia's New World

brenlubrant said...

Dawn, I would like to use a frog on my blue mason jar, but use it to hold some of my many paint brushes. It would look so cute on my work space.

Romeo said...

Great ideas Dawn!!!! I think the button graphic and your ribbon are my favs!

Hope you are having a good week!

Hugs,

"her" and Romeo

Little Birdie Blessings said...

How exciting to be the recipient of the jars. Your ideas are fabulous and turned out lovely as usual. Have a wonderful rest of the week. ~ Abby

Cindy said...

What a well-deserved honor to receive the special canning jar from the Ball company! I love the ideas you have shared...there's just something about a jar filled with buttons, espeically MOP! :-)

susan hemann said...

Hi Dawn, very cute. I especially like the drinking glasses. I use my antique ball jars to store flowers that I've dried.

TP6 said...

♥♥♥♥♥love T

TP6 said...

♥♥♥♥♥love T

Cathe Holden said...

Dawn, I LOVE what you did with those beautiful jars, the most perfect use of that label I've seen yet! You're so sweet, thank you for linking over.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...