Thursday, April 11, 2013

Some yummy goodness to share ~



So worth repeating!!

I'm sharing a wonderful recipe post from way back in 2007, November 4th to be exact!
I had to re-post it because it is a delicious recipe handed down to me
from a precious family friend that is no longer with us.
Just tasting it reminds me of our precious babysitter Maw Flynt and her sister Lucille...
they watched our three oldest boys when I worked full-time
and they both loved them like they were theirs ~
Both of these precious women have passed but they certainly left a legacy in our family.









I thought it was time to share a recipe with you that is one of our family favorites. This cake is perfect for the holidays or any occasion, it just tastes "special". Perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas or family gathering,
you'll just love this one!

Fresh Apple Cake
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups of vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. soda
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 cup coconut
  • 1 cup pecans, chopped
  • 1 cup finely chopped apples
  • 3 cups plain all-purpose flour
Stir together the sugar, eggs and oil in a large bowl. Add orange juice. Sift dry ingredients together and stir to mixture. Stir in apples, coconut and nuts. Bake at 325 degrees in a greased, floured tube pan for 1 hour or so (check after an hour with toothpick to come out clean.)
Now, do you really want to go over the edge??

Glaze
  • Melt one stick of margarine in a pot
  • Add 1 cup of sugar
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 cup of buttermilk
Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Pour over the apple cake after it is baked and while it is still in the tube pan. Let stand one hour then turn cake out. ENJOY!!

PS: This is a wonderful cake to bake in the small foil loaf pans with the plastic lids. Place loaf pans on a cookie sheet (minus the plastic lid of course), fill each pan about 2/3 of the way full with batter and cook probably half the time. You'll have to watch them because they will bake much faster. But they are great little gifts that you can give to a new neighbor or at Christmas!


PS.....should you make this, I would LOVE to know what you think!!!! :)


Have a beautiful Thursday precious friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn



7 comments:

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

That sounds Yummy, too bad I am trying to diet (which is not going very good!) if you get a chance, check out what I just got! I can hardly contain my Joy!
Eat some cake for Me in celebration!
xox
Cheryl

June said...

I would love to try this recipe Dawn! It sounds as good as you say it is. I'll let you know how I do with it :)
much love...

Theresa said...

Oh that sounds sooooo yummy:) Have a blessed day dear Dawn, HUGS!

Gaby Bee said...

Indeed, that sounds yummy! Thanks for the recipe, Dawn! My mouth is watering:)

Hugs,
Gaby

Vee said...

It does sound wonderful! And that glaze sounds uniquely so.

Dorthe said...

What a sweet idea, dearest Dawn- your cake sounds sooo good! and the ingredients I can all find here :-)
thankyou -I wish you a most lovelt thursday sweetest friend.
Love and hugs,Dorthe

Tora´s Vintage Dream said...

Thank´s for sharing I´m sure I´ll try this out :)


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...