Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Little bits of goodness ~


When I want to make something simple and pretty...
I can't help myself,
I just love making these little lavender sachets.
And the wonderful thing?
I get to search my stash for beautiful lace...pretty buttons...
and wonderful old millinery to embellish them!!!
















I found the most wonderful goldish satin panel at Ross the other day
for only 5 bucks!!! It was stuffed into a plastic bag and I bought it
sight unseen...I really didn't know a thing about it but that I loved the fabric.

Well it turned out to be one long panel and I knew it would be perfect
for our front door window.
I split the thing completely in half and sewed a rod pocket on top of both...
I love how they turned out.
I think.
Let me look at it in the daylight ~
But for five bucks, you gotta try, right?

If you'd like to take a peek at the sachets in my Etsy shop


Thank you always for stopping by to see what I'm up to ~

Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday precious friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn



10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Oh Oh and another Oh! I think you have made my day.... I adore these lovely sachet's Many thanks for sharing these pics. Hugs Vee xx

Susan said...

These list little sachets are gorgeous!! I just love them!! I like to make pretty things out of lace and millinary flowers too!

Lorrie said...

beautiful little sachets, Dawn.

Jann said...

Beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL!

Dorthe said...

Sweet friend,
I love your lavender sachets, and the most beautiful fabric`s you are alwayes using,-
They are just adorable, with the laces and seambindings-
Love to you,
Dorthe

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

Bundles of GOODNESS that's what they are .. Just lovely.. YOUR talented girl !!! Hugs and have a blessed day ... I love being here at your blog.. I always feel inspired ... Love, Sherry @ The Rusty Pearl

marda said...

Your lavender sachets are always so pretty.. you obviously have a great stash of fabrics etc. For $5 what the heck... if they don't work as curtains, it will probably be of great use somewhere else. How can you go wrong????

Maureen said...

So beautiful Dawn! I adore that cream coloured sachet with the white flower and lace... but I guess I was too late when I checked earlier today in your shop (and just checked again) :(

One day I MUST find out what lavender smells like! I am ashamed to say I have never tried it!

Shopgirl said...

Dear Dawn, these are beautiful. I haven't been to your blog for awhile, but I have enjoyed FB also. I am done with the project for church. now to clean my house. Big Hugs, Mary

Luvcreatincards said...

Hi Dawn
These are absolutely gorgeous - what little treasures you have created here. The fabrics you have chosen are soooo beautiful and work brilliantly with your pattern for the lavender sachets.
Warmest best wishes for a lovely day.
Su
-x-


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...