Monday, November 21, 2011

Thinking on thankful things....





As I putter around our little farmhouse,
trying to stay on task with the projects I want to accomplish,
I love thinking about all I have to be thankful for....




It's been a hard year for everyone.
With the rough economy, folks losing their jobs,
or just trying to make ends meet,
it would be really easy to concentrate on so many negative things, right?





But instead, I want to think of all that I am thankful for!
My precious parents who raised and loved me
and still continue to do so....
I'm so thankful for my dear husband for the past thirty years
and wonderful father he's been to our five sons...
and of course for our five boys who I love so dearly
each in their own unique way.
Including my one and only sweet daughter-in-law who
is a such an beautiful addition to our family.
And then our little sweet Clara,
who truly is our blessing from Heaven!!!






I'm so very thank for so many dear friends,
especially the friends I've made here from my blog ~
you encourage me and inspire me always!!!!
To be able to create and have you love it
is the most wonderful thing EVER!





I'm thankful for so much more...
this is just the tip of the iceberg ~
And as hard as things may be,
we still have so, so much to be thank for!


Have a beautiful Tuesday sweet friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn





10 comments:

Vee said...

It has been a difficult year and it would be very easy to focus on that as you say. We do well to look higher, yet still consider the circumstances so we may get out of them. I love your blog for the joys it brings me, the ideas, the beauty, and your sweet spirit. Hope that you're having a wonderful Thanksgiving week!

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

Counting All of our Blessings, that is the Best for this Thanksgiving week.... I am Most Thankful for Family & the Wonderful Friends I have met thru Blogging.... Like YOU~ I will surely plan a trip South this coming year, so we can meet up at Scott's Again ~ Have the Happiest of Thanksgivings to You & Your Beautiful Family...
I sure miss being online daily, but even small Blessings come with a broken computer, I have so much time to be Creative!
xox
Cheryl

Gloria said...

Dawn, as usual, you have the sweetest way of saying things. One of the things I'm thankful for is finding your blog a little over a year ago. Your's was one of the first ones I'd ever seen, and when I was going thru a rough patch, you sent me instructions to one of your nesting projects. I've loved you ever since. I follow you silently from a distance, but I'm always here, coming to your blog again and again and wishing you well.

Carol @ A Bird in Hand said...

Hi Dawn!! So happy to visit your lovely blog after my bit of a hiatus. It is gorgeous as ever! What a beautiful post and such lovely pictures. I have missed your kinds ways. Be back soon!! Carol

Dorthe said...

Dawn sweetie, yes we do have a lot to be thankful for--like you say :family, blogging friends,--- warm houses, and food every day !
The most importent things in life, a place to feel safe, and being surrounted by loving family-and friends- LIKE YOU ,who I love and admire.
I wish you a beautiful thanksgiving week-
Hugs and love,Dorthe

Barbara Jean said...

Well put Dawn.
I'll second that!

Thanksgiving blessings
barb

At Home in English Valley said...

Blessings to you and yours dear Dawn. I am so grateful for your inspiring posts and encouragement, and your attitude of gratitude!
Happy Thanksgiving with love, Penny

Stephanie said...

Beautiful post Dawn!

Sheila R - Blessed and Distressed said...

What a wonderful post. Thankful for so much, but especially being able to connect through your wonderful blog. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Thank you Dawn for being such an inspiration. You really supported me when I just started and told me I could do well and I appreciate that! I know we don't get to talk often. Just wanted you to know how thankful I am that I found you!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...