Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Don't forget about my free tutorials! Plus my little WIP...


If you visit my blog regularly, you know I have my little tutorial shop
but you may not have noticed in my left side bar
I have a few free tutorials I've offered in the years past ~
They're easy and FUN!!

You can find my rag ball ornament tutorial HERE ~




And my mitten ornament tutorial HERE ~




OK. Seems I'm always trying to figure out
what Blogger is up to with our images....
I like clicking on images and saving them at their "real" size...
and sometimes it's much larger that what you see!

Here's what I've figured out now:
click on an image ~
you will be taken to a "slide show" type of window.
Then RIGHT click on the image and select "VIEW IMAGE" with a left click.
A new window will open.
You may even be able the left click the image again
and it will appear even larger!

THEN you can RIGHT click it and select SAVE IMAGE
and save it to your own computer.....
give it a try ~ I hope it works for you :)







I played with my bottle brush trees again!
I'm not quite finished with them...but I had to show you what
I've finished so far ~ this one is teeny tiny and will be
housed inside a vintage baby food jar!
The tree itself stands only about two inches tall ~





I don't even have the top screwed on all the way but you get
the idea of how it will look under glass. I still want to
add a few pieces of seam binding garland that has been split
and ringlet curled....





What do you think about these blue trees?
They are really beautiful in person!



My decorations?
Broken strands of vintage pearls...I just love them!



Thank you always for stopping by to see me!!
I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday dear friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn



19 comments:

HeARTworks said...

Love those trees! magical!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Dear Dawn:
Thank you so much for sharing your tutorials and images. You're so generous and inspirational. A true blessing to anyone who creates in Blogland!
Hugs from FL,
xoxo
Donna

Barbara Jean said...

Dawn, love your trees, and instructions for photos are great!

re posted on my blog with link to yours.

Thanks for sweet note on FB.
We are taking 1 step at a time, grateful my Dad is at peace now.

Blessings
barb

Dorthe said...

Thankyou sweet friend, for telling the :How to- with the photoes- makes it much better photoes when saved in a big size.
Love your trees, the mini is so cute in it`s dome- and the aqua ones, looks gorgeous ,dear Dawn.
Hugs and love,Dorthe

Anonymous said...

Thank you Dawn for the tutorials and the pics of the gorgeous trees. Your generosity of spirit is overwhelming.
have a wonderful day.
Erin

Karen B. said...

Hi sweet Dawn,

love,love, just love those trees!!! They are beautiful!!
hugs
Karen B.~ Todolwen

sandra blanks said...

Hi Dawn,
Oh, your little trees are so beautiful with the pearls! And I have to tell you, I think you're genius at figuring out how to view pics in larger size. Thanks for letting us in on the secret! I've tried to 'pin' some of your photos on Pinterest, but when I click the 'pin' button, the current pics don't show. Do you have any hints?
Blessings,
Sandra

sandra blanks said...

Hey Again Dawn,
Never mind about the 'pinning'...I just realized that I wasn't scrolling down far enough...duh.
xo,Sandra

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Hi Dawn and I am definitely going to check out your tutorials and get some ideas for Christmas decorating. Because I live alone I let decorating go last year and I missed it so this year I am going to make an effort to go all out! I need to find some of those little bottle brush trees. I wonder if I could purchase real bottle brushes and cut them into tree shapes, then glue the bottoms into wood? I may have to give that a try! Thanks for all the terrific ideas.
Tina xo

Vee said...

I have the materials to make the mittens one fine day soon. The entire image thing is bugging me. I don't have the option to "view image" so your method doesn't work for me. Frustrating. I've been sizing all of my photos quite small as a result.

Ironstone and Pine said...

ooh Dawn,sooo pretty!! Need to ask, do you sell your tags? Those are so pretty and simple, i would love to find some!! :) hugs,devon

Amy said...

Hi Dawn,
I love your bottle brush trees. What a great idea to put a tiny one in a baby food jar. Your blog is just lovely. I'll definitely be back! Amy

Erica said...

Beautiful images and trees. The blue trees are very pretty and unique. They really stand out among the white trees.

VS said...

Super Duper cute ideas & tutorials friend!!! I LOVE the little vintage bottle brush tree in the jar...it's sooooooo SWEET!!!
Thanks for the great ideas...
Smiles,
Susie

Elderberry Dreams said...

Dawn, your photos are "gifts" for our eyes! So beautiful...........

Little Birdie Blessings said...

I am absolutely in love with the little girl angel image. My heart is going pitter patter. Love what you did with the trees, they are delightful. Thanks for all that you share here Dawn. You're a GEM. ~ Abby

Lana Manis said...

Love the little bottle brush trees! I have a few but need to add more to my collection. Have a lovely day, Dawn!

B. said...

thank you. thank you. thank you for the pic of holly. I love holly. Any idea if you can find mistletoe botanical. Wouldn't that be a fab match????? ALSO, love the trees. What is the silver braclet bit at the top of the little one?

B.

Lisa said...

Hey Sweets,
I love the mitten tutorial. So sweet. I'm glad you figured out blogger for us cuz the minute I think I know what I'm doing they change it up! You always give away the cutest images, that baby's butt, omg...precious!
Lisa


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...