Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Back in the swing of things ~

One of my fav old photos EVER...
I've given it to you several times too ~
they look so happy to be friends, don't you think?




I've had a slow start this week for some reason ~
sometimes too much is on our minds to enjoy what we love.
But as soon as I finally do get started,
all is good with my frame of mind again :)

I love making these little needle keeps...
they're simple but layered with treasures,
these are still in progress but getting close to being finished!
I hope to have them in my Etsy really soon.

I thought I'd try a few different styles this time too....




I love old floral barkcloth and
still have a good bit of my very favorite patterns,
don't you love the cottage feel it has?




I thought I'd cook a special treat for everyone this week,
thank goodness it's Noah's last week of school this year!
My mom used to make Ooey Gooey cake when we were kids ~
This is not one of those recipes you cook every week....
it is SO totally bad for you but is perfect for special occasions :)
Plus, it's so rich, you can't handle much of it!!!

One benefit, other than tasting it's heavenliness is
how wonderful it makes the house smell!!







You can use any basic yellow cake mix too...
I think Paula Deen makes something like this too!
And we all know how healthy her recipes are :)



Take one bite then apply the rest directly to your hips!!!

Have a great Wednesday precious friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn

9 comments:

My Creative House said...

Wonderful books needles and very fine image.
Anni

The Vintage Barn said...

I can't wait to try that recipe!! Love ooey gooey cream cheesy stuff!
Nancy

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

I can't believe that it is time for school to be out already ~ Oh my goodness time flies!!
The cake looks and sounds yummy!!!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

I make Gooey Butter Cake all the time. Its delicious!

Miss Gracie's House said...

YES, they do! MMM...the cake does look yummy:)
Have a great week!
Rene

Karen B. said...

Hi dear sweet Dawn,
I just love your needle keeps, they are so pretty! You are so talented and it is such a joy to read your blog.
hugs
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Linecas have said...

That cake looks way too good. I dont have that cake mix here, but I think I shall try your recipe anyways with a twist on the cakemix.
I can not turn my back on you. Each time I have been a little to buzy to visit my blog faves I come back to so many gorgeous and inspiring posts. Always make me smile and drool. :)
Lineca.

Tora´s Vintage Dream said...

The image is awesome ty, and the cake looks SO GOOOOOD - I´m willing to give the recipe a change since you posted it LOL - I will not use the cake mix but make my own so lets hope for a goooooo one there tooooooo.
Tora

Deborah said...

Gooey Cake is one of our family favorites. I love all the textiles! You are so talented! Thanks for inspiring us.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...