Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Spring!!!

Hello sweet friends!!! I want to wish each and every one of you a wonderful first day of Spring! I'm celebrating with so many others in the Land of Blog by joining Miss Sandy's Easter Parade!! My little part in this parade is to give you gifts ~ images that I love and that I hope you will as well! Please feel free to click to enlarge, then right click to save any or all of these beautiful images from my personal collection. I do hope you love them!!

I thank each and every one who stops in to see me, reads what I may say or to see what I'm up to. You all are such dear friends to me!!

My wish for you and your family is to have a blessed, happy and healthy Easter!!

*******************************************

A light exists in spring
Not present on the year
At any other period -
When March is scarcely here

A color stands abroad
On solitary fields
That science cannot overtake
But human nature feels.

It waits upon the lawn,
It shows the furthest tree
Upon the furthest slope you know
It almost speaks to you.

Then as horizons step
Or noons report away
Without the formula of sound
It passes and we stay -

A quality of loss
Affecting our content
As trade had suddenly encroached
Upon a sacrament.

~ Emily Dickinson ~












Much love to you all!!!

29 comments:

bluemuf said...

Just beautiful, Just what we need right now, a promise of all the beauty to come.

Karen

Kathy said...

Dear Dawn, the perfect gift on the first day of spring--Robins! You are always so generous to share your images. Thank you and Happy Easter! ~~Kathy

Vee said...

You're so generous! Love the gifts!!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Thank you Dawn! The prints are all so lovely, and so was the Emily Dickenson poem.
I waiting for the robins to appear in NY as it's still a little too cold for them here right now. The Canadian geese are starting to migrate back north and I saw a mourning dove so soon all the birds will be returning.

Happy Spring!

Hugs, Pat

Pam said...

Dawn, all the images are beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing.

Betty said...

Oh! I love those images! Especially The Robin book page. Thank you and Happy Easter!

Fete et Fleur said...

Happy Easter Dawn! Thank you for the generous and lovely gifts. The poem was beautiful.
Hugs!
Nancy

Sue said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful images. They brighten up my day! Sue

Margaret said...

I loved the robin story! What beautiful vintage pictures--it definitely made spring feel a bit closer!
~Margaret

Kim said...

Thanks Lori , I enjoyed these and hope you have a Happy Easter :).

Pink Rufflez said...

Thank you for the beautiful images and Happy Easter to you too, Dawn.

Jamie said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful images! I LOVED the last one the best! Happy Easter!

J.R. Adams said...

Happy easter to you too. May your day be filled with much happiness.

Josh

Miss Rhea said...

I am such a sucker for birdies and forget me nots, just lovely !! Happy Easter !!!

molly said...

Thank you Dawn-I can't wait to make something precious with them!
Have a blessed Easter.

Anonymous said...

I love the Robin with the little ones...very cute.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Thank-you so much for the gifts. I printed them out. ....Blessings for a beautiful Easter!!!!! Mary

vikki said...

hoppy Easter to u, my dear sweet friend!! =) such great prints, and such a giving heart you have. thank*u and bless you! love and many blessings, and bunnie hugs! =) xxxooo, vikki =)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Happy Spring!

Free Art Printables said...

Thank you for the wonderful gifts! I am having a crawing, so why don't you "hop" on over ;)
Jen R

Tara said...

Love the robins! Enjoy your first day of spring and the holiday!

:0)
Tara

Knitting Mania said...

What a lovely blog you have. My goodness such pretty photo's. I love the name of your blog, I'm very partial to birds and things of sort.

Nice to meet you, see ya on the parade trail!

Lori said...

thanks for sharing Dawn:)

Have a wonderful Easter!!!

Jennifer said...

Lovely, images, thanks for sharing. Happy Easter!

Sherri said...

lovely images, great poem. Glad to march near you in the parade

Tina Leavy said...

love the beautiful images. I actually have a bird theme in my kitchen.... the bird images are so very pretty Dawn!
thank you for the gifts... you are always so generous.
Wishing you a Happy Spring! and a lovely Easter time with your family.
hugs,
Tina

Sandy said...

Dawn,
Thank you for joining the Easter Parade! Thank you for your generosity is sharing your images! That mama birdie and her babies are so adorable!

Thanks for making this event extra special! Have a blessed Easter!

Mary said...

Beautiful post Dawn - I feel so 'Springy' looking at these pictures.

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

Beautiful images for Miss Sandy's Easter Parade! I did the same posting lots of bunnies, chicks and eggs, oh my! Happy Easter!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...