Monday, March 10, 2008

Found: Good Stuff!

I love random forgotten objects. Trinkets that have been separated from what they originally were created to be with or broken watches, chains, loose pearls ~ and to be able to combine them together to create a wonderful piece of artwork, how cool is that??

I found this new book at Books-A-Million Sunday afternoon and just KNEW that I had to have it!! I've been wanting to try my hand at creating jewelry and hope that seeing these step by step instructions will encourage me to try to create a piece or two. We'll see . . .



I finally found the new Home Companion magazine. This is a good issue to me. They've been getting a little mod on me as I am such a lover of vintage, cottage and old. I love it when they feature artists and their studios. Don't you love seeing how other's organize their supplies and where they work? I was so glad to find this at the book store as well.


While out scouting around Friday for trinkets and treasures, I found this wonderful Paris guide an antique mall and love all the graphics inside. I'm wanting to do a French assemblage and these pages are just perfect for the backdrop!!





Do you ever reach the end of the day and chide yourself? I want to be so very productive and if at the end of the day, I haven't achieved all the many things that I've set out to do, I just beat myself up over it! I think women have a tendency to do that, don't you?

Well, tomorrow is another day ~ I'm going to start making lists and marking the to-do items off. Maybe that will show me my accomplishments a little better!

16 comments:

Free Art Printables said...

That looks like a book right up my alley! Very cool! I just got the new ME and am excited to look through it too!
Jen R

Gretz said...

Oh I love that Paris book - I just love anything French - I look forward to seeing your French Assemblage!

I am about to start a French assembalge too. I have a 16 piece floor jigsaw which I am altering to hang on the wall - with a French Theme ;-)

Alison Gibbs said...

Love that Salvage - jewellery book.
What a wonderful find the Paris book was - so many delightful illustrations.
Alison

Lori said...

the salvage jewelry book looks very intriguing indeed!!! i just bet you come up with all sorts of delicious ideas from that one...your little bird box looks very sweet:)

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I just know you'll create the most beautiful jewelry pieces - and the Paris book? Wonderful find. Have a glorious day and don't beat yourself up. You were made to love YOU and be your champion - you are to so many of us out here- now take some of that and give it to youself. Silly girl!
Colleen

vikki said...

we are our own worst critics! but oh how we can dance and smile when things go well... =) to Him give the glory, we get the joy! =) i would love to see the jewelry book, i have had fun playing with the trinkets, jewelry, treasures!! i know u will, too. =) have a blissfilled day. xoxo and blessings, vikki =)

Sandy said...

Most definitely good stuff! I just received my copy of the magazine and all I have had time to do is gaze at the cover! Have a great day!

Deb said...

Your books are wonderful - I can just imagine all the wonderful ideas they have inspired in you to create :-}. I love the ME magazine and have been looking for the latest issue (the Valentine issue was still out). I love the Spring cover! Have a great day Dawn.

Suzanne said...

I love Home Companion. I flipped through a copy at the store the other day and I can't imagine why I didn't buy it. Now I have to go back.

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

Maebelle Park said...

Thank you for your sweet words and prayers..I appreciate it so much!

Julie said...

You feel unproductive? I come to your blog and feel so ashamed when I see what you've done over the course of a week, lol.

Donna said...

Your books look great Dawn. I'm sure you will come up with some wonderful jewelry!
I just got the new ME magazine.
Donna

Lady Em said...

Oh how I love the bookstore!! You should make some jewerly, it sounds like so much fun. I love the Paris book as well, can't wait to see what you make of it!!

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

That's funny, I'm scrolling along and suddenly up pops a picture of the very book sitting on my desk waiting for me to do something with. My DH got that guide oh so many many years ago when he lived & worked in Paris for a short time. Lucky dog! We were going through some of his old photos and slides and he gave me that book.

Hugs
Gail

Denise said...

Dawn,
I can't wait to see your jewelry, everyone comments on my little altered watch. I hope you have a wonderful day.
xxoo, Denise

Julie said...

Everything is so beautiful!

I wish they had out the new ME magazines, here. Just the previous issue!

Blessings,
Julie


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...