Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Change is good, right?

Today was my last day at The Plum Tree. My son Noah and I went this afternoon to pick up all that was left in my little room. I still have a few screen doors that wouldn't fit in my car but for the most part, we were able to get it all. I feel good about my decision to do this. I still love shopping there and Cindy and I are such good friends. I have great respect for her and her fabulous taste!
The store just keeps getting better and better ~

Today was Cindy's birthday and I made her a little piece of artwork and wanted to share it with you. A gathering of forgotten items, combined, seem to turn into something special!! Happy Birthday, dear Cindy ~ much love and happiness to you and I wish you many, many more!




*********************************************

Remember these plaster type eggs that I found a week or so ago? Well, I've got to get busy getting them all dolled up!! Today I stopped by Michaels, had my trusty coupon and they were having a really good sale so I found these little treasures to embellish them with. We'll see how they turn out ~ if you don't see them again here, you'll know they didn't look so good!




Can you believe these little flowers are made of clay?? The leaves are silk . . . I found these in the wedding/tiny little flower section ~



Don't know about that orange fuzzy ribbon!! I think I'll be saving that for Halloween ~



I finally realized that I have a macro setting on my new camera from Christmas . . . so now I want to take closeups of everything!

*********************************************


Please note: I've just lowered the price of this Easter artwork to 22.00 ~ it's coming fast!!


See the sparklies?? The rhinestone button looks better in the photo above, it really is very sparkly ~ click on any photo to enlarge.


I'm working on my tag orders right now and will start my big ol' Easter eggs tomorrow . . . we'll see how they turn out!! I hope you all are doing well and beginning to see the first signs of spring like we are here in Georgia!




19 comments:

Lori said...

well i see you used that hanger after all and on a gift for a friend, how perfect:) your gift for Cindy is just lovely! AND you are so tempting me with the lower price on your easter assemblage, do you know how many times i have looked at that beauty...well, A LOT that's how many, it is truly stunning!!!

Angie(quillysilly) said...

What a fabulous gift for your friend! The Easter piece is so festive too...where is SPRING??????!! I am so tired of being cold! Thanks for sharing...Angie

Angie(quillysilly) said...

What a fabulous gift for your friend! The Easter piece is so festive too...where is SPRING??????!! I am so tired of being cold! Thanks for sharing...Angie

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

The little clay flowers are perfect! Love them - I would never have found them - would't have gone down the wedding isle(at Michael's - not in "life" haha) so I would have missed them.. I'll bet whatever you decide to so with the eggs will be wonderful. And the little change purse hanging? Beautiful!
Colleen

For Love Of Home said...

Dawn, Thank you again for my beautiful piece of "original" artwork, it is absolutely the best! I can't wait to see what you do with the eggs, knowing you they will look incredible. We will miss you at the store, but I know you will be in to shop especially when I call and say "YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT ____JUST BROUGHT IN!
Cindy

Dana said...

You have so many wonderful ideas! I can't keep up with you! Your artwork is ...looking for an adjective..stunning!! I Love everything you do! Thanks for sharing !

Charmingdesigns said...

Your artwork, again, is so wonderful. You DID find some goodies! Cant wait to see what you do with them!! Lauri

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Spring is trying to peek through here in NE Georgia. Some of the pear trees are beginning to bud, and I've seen buttercups for a week or more. (But I have packed up my winter coat just yet!)
Blessings~
Cathy

Lisa & Alfie said...

Dear Dawn,
What a blessed thing it is to be able to "move on" with high hopes, best wishes and encouragements from those we move on from. I have heard such great things about The Plum Tree from Leigh and I'm sure your contributions will be missed. Lucky us though, we still get to see your creative efforts everyday here.
Lisa & Alfie

rochambeau said...

Hi Dawn,
Seem like life is all about change!
Your birthday gift for Cindy is beautiful. I know she will appreciate it and you!

Constance

The Old Painted Cottage said...

Dear Dawn, you are one of my chosen recipients for the "You Make My Day" award! Please visit my blog today to claim your award.

oxox
Jennifer

Sandy said...

Your gift for Cindy is wonderful. I am amazed at what you come up with out of seemingly unrelated items that with your imagination and creative touch make perfect sense in your art compositions! Your article will be fine, don't worry over it so, they have editors to tweak it, which I doubt it will need, enjoy the process!

Tina Leavy said...

hi Dawn,the art gift for Cindy is wonderful! I'm wishing you the absolute best on your new journey.
can't wait to see the eggs once you decorate them.

Veronica said...

LOL about your new discovery of the macro function! Its a whole new world close up, ay!

Lady Em said...

I love what you made for Mrs. Cindy. How do you come up with this stuff? It's beautiful!!
I will miss seeing your goodies at the store too, but like you said change is good. I miss ya'll alot, and when things settle down here, I hope to see you soon!!

Vie Chaotique said...

Very best wishes for your new endeavors. Seems something's in the air.

Nancy Hood said...

I got the tags today and they are beautiful!! Thank you so much!!!

sweetpea said...

Dawn, your imagination just amazes me! I love the piece you made for Cindy and I know she does too! Keep creating and thanks for your encouragement as well!

Blessings,

Shelley

Shop girl said...

Love all this pink and Vintage things, thank you for sharing...
I can't believe all the things you do. Big Hugs, Mary


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...