Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Another wonderful illustrator


I don't know if you're familiar with Ernest H. Shepard, but he illustrated the wonderful Winnie-the-Pooh books for A.A. Milne. I love the illustrations he created. They are soft, simple and just lovely.

Ernest Howard Shepard (December 10, 1879March 24, 1976) was an English artist and book illustrator. He was known especially for his human-like animals in illustrations for The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame and Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A. Milne.







5 comments:

"Maggie & Kevin" said...

Ernest H. Shepard is one of my all time favorite illustrators too; delicate illustrations with such warmth and delight.

I love the two bunnies, what are they made of?

FrenchGardenHouse said...

ah, isn't he just the best! I love the Winnie the Pooh illustrations. so sweet, he gave all the animals such personality!
Lidy

KLKinFLA said...

What a great post. I looooove Pooh. His quotes are the best! Here's one of my favorites...

“It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?"”

Anonymous said...

another of my favorites too!!! I di a pooh party when my son was three. I rented a pooh cosyume. I painted a big pooh house with tigger and honey pots..I had a pin the tail on Eeyore that I painted and a little piglet sign. It wa so fun!!! My son still remembers and did'nt know that it was me in the costume.This is just a sweet post!!

Mica

Jamie said...

Both the boys had classic Pooh nurseries. I had the illustration of the tree and Christopher dragging Pooh framed on the walls. S sweet!
Love, Jamie


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...