Thursday, December 4, 2008

More Christmas goodness ~

Look at what came in the mail today ~ a pure random act of kindness!!! The most wonderful bird tags were gifted to me from Sandy in Texas....she's a customer of mine and said that she knew when she bought them that they needed to be mine! What a precious soul ~ dear Sandy, thank you so much for your thoughtfulness and you KNOW that I love them!!!! Wishing you many blessings ~ Sandy is Mandy's mom ~ Mandy's blog is Wish on a Whisker and I just love Mandy's taste. Very vintagy!





I'm such a goober! I remembered today to go into my art room and get the Christmas ornaments that I made for Somerset Life and hang them on our tree! The rag ball and the mitten ornament tutorials are in my side bar too if you'd like to take a look at how I make them. They are both so easy and look great on the tree!





I've been asked several times about the stamps that I used on the tags of the rag balls in the magazine. I purchased them at Michael's craft store last Christmas. They were on an end cap and were with a bunch of other Christmas stamps. I've looked them over and haven't seen any name brands on them but here is a photograph of them if you are trying to hunt them down ~


A sweet vintage image for your artwork, cards or tags.....this bird is just precious!!


I am loving seeing all of the information and inspiration on everyone's blogs!! This time of year there always seems to be an abundance of creativity and the beauty of the blogging is that so much information is shared....that's the most wonderful thing of all. The sharing.
Wishing you a great Friday sweet friends!
xxoo, Dawn

20 comments:

The Joy of Nesting said...

Dawn Sweetie,

I linked back to your blog on my post today. I was sharing your "white Christmas" and my envy of the beautiful decorating you have done. :c)

Pattie :c)
Mazatlan Mexico

Fete et Fleur said...

Your home is a Christmas dream! Thank you for sharing all the beautiful photos!!

Hugs!
Nancy

*SHeRRy B* said...

Your photos are so lovely! Thanks for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

Your home looks cozy and beautiful .
:o) Sue

The Glitzy Crown said...

Love your ornaments and your tree, how beautiful! I was thinking about putting up a picture of my tree too! Great minds think alike,right? And I might use the picture soon also(I just love the fat penquin)

Luv,
Faith

Sandy said...

I'll be showing off my mittens very soon, I am working a "Dawn" inspired table top tree! Can't wait for you to see!

Hop over today I have an update to my post, there is a link that will take you to a bunch of other sites that are all having give aways!

Just spreading a little Christmas cheer! Have a super wonderful joyful blessed day friend!

Betty said...

Those tags from Sandy are wonderful...and just perfect for you! Cute ornaments you made, also.

Monica said...

Oh Dawn! How lovely are these?! All is beautiful, and I wish I could visit Michaels right now to buy those stamps! ... Loooove them!!!
I use to make tags similar to yours... I'd show them in one of my posts- And love to stain things with coffee, too!!!:):):)
Your mittens are just lovely- I'll have a try to do some!They are 'so me'!!

Thanks for sharing, your blog is such s a lovely place to visit!

Monica.

Monica said...

Oh boys! I wanted to write" I'll show them"and came out " I'd"...

Come to visit me when you have some time, I would be delighted to see you again!

Monica.

Trish said...

What wonderful ornaments to grace your tree. You are right...the season seems to bring out the sweet goodness of everyone and their creativity soars.

Vee said...

Yup, you have the best friends! I love that little vintage mitten that you've made and hung on your tree. I looked for inexpensive sweaters with hems like that earlier in the week, but without any luck. Perhaps I should go look in mother's attic. :D

My Feathered Nest folder is getting full of fantastic images...thank you!

Dorthe said...

Dear Dawn, what sweet goodies for you to work with, and new beautifull pictures from your tree,it stands so tall, and the green and vanilla is so wonderfull together, like a fairy tree,seeing it small on the blog.Tomorrow im having a christmas sale here in my shop, hope to see lots of people.
Sweet hugs and love to you.
Dorthe

Bella McBride said...

Dawn your house is just magnificent! It brings a smile to my face to see the love and attention you give your house. Thanks for sharing with us!
Bella

Anonymous said...

Dawn, so nice to see your ornaments again. I looked for the latest Somerset today but no luck. Guess I'll have to wait until I get to B&N soon! Or maybe subscribe!

Diane

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh, Dawn! I've missed you so. I've been... well, you know LIFE. Anyway, it is so good to be back.

Nancy Hood said...

Just coming by to wish you a wonderful weekend filled with much love and laughter, dear friend!

Anonymous said...

I often feel the same way about 2nd hand shopping ...that I'm looking for the stuff that nobody else wants. ...it's way more fun that way

Wish on a Whisker said...

I LOVE the tags my mom bought for you! ~Mandy

the author said...

Oooh, that is an adorable image :)
Thank you

Luv Creating Cards 'n' Keepsakes said...

Dawn,
Ohhh what a wonderfully magical feel your home has with all of its beautiful decorations and special touches you have made for it. You have a truly gifted son too to make the tree look soooo dreamy.
Happy holidays my dear friend. I am thinking of you across the miles and wishing we were closer.
Warmest best wishes
Suey
-x-


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...