Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve sweet friends ~

I've been blogging now almost two years....my blogiversary is in February! I remember when I still had the antiques store and made my first few pieces of artwork to sell there. I had been so inspired by blogs that I had visited and their creations that I just knew I had to make something.

Well, one of my first pieces of artwork was a little baby resting inside of a nest with speckled eggs. He had a cute hat on and was surrounded by shredded sheet music! All these things were encased in a wonderful old jar. That first piece of artwork sold to a sweet customer who does not realize the fire that she ignited in me! That first customer gave me the confidence to create more and to realize that someone would really like my stuff.....and that first customer was Kathy of Country Chintz!!!


Time passed and Kathy began to blog as well and show her beautiful artwork. Today I received such a special package from her for Christmas!!!! It was chock full of wonderful creations that she's made ~ just look at each and every photo....she's so incredibly talented! Kathy, I just LOVE it ALL!!!! What a gift dear friend! I can't thank you enough for these special handmade gifts.....I will treasure them always.

And most of all, Kathy, I want to thank you for purchasing that first piece of artwork and giving me the sweet nudge and confidence I needed to create more!!!

Isn't that what Christmas is all about? The giving, the receiving....and helping each other along this road we call life. I can only hope and pray that I've encouraged you this past year just a tiny bit to create, to have confidence in yourself and to try new things ~ because you, your inspirational blogs and your sweet comments have encouraged me immensely.















I wish each and every one of you a wonderful and blessed Christmas eve ~

xxoo, Dawn

22 comments:

Sheila Rumney said...

Each day you inspire me to do more than just create but to have confidence in myself and my creativity. Wishing you a blessed Christmas!

Vee said...

Beautiful, beautiful...

Even I, a dolt if ever there was one, have been inspired by you to reach a little further. My family may think that I am a nut for these unique gifts, but when I received a call last evening from my new sil exclaiming how beautiful her journal was (WHAT? Don't these people believe in waiting to open a package?!), I felt that little rush, too.

You've been a tremendous help to me, Dawn. Thank you.

Cecilia - Titi said...

Merry Christmas Dawn.
Kisses from Chile,
Titi

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Dawn ~ those are such beautiful gifts ~~ what a precious friend !
Have a wonderful Christmas ~
xoxo,
Lori

kathy said...

DAWN , I am overwhelmed - with your sweet words -- You have truly meant so much to me, my daily visits always bless me -- Thank you for always inspiring me to create my art , but even more than that your inspire my Heart -♥--- with your sweet spirit . Thank you dear and special friend --
Merry Christmas -- Kathy - ga

Sandy said...

Dawn,

Yes, your desire has been fulfilled, you have inspired me to greater and new heights in the area of creativity, for that I thank you.

Kathy is one of my blog friends too! Her work is amazing.

Have a wonderful Christmas Eve!

Unknown said...

Beautiful work, such a kind friend. :)

Antiques and More Blog said...

I wanted to thank you for inspiring me to think creatively..each time I stop in I become more inspired and know that I can achieve anything. What a joy to be surrounded by such beauty! Merry Christmas!
Lisa

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! The Goodies you posted today are so lovely. Thank you for sharing! :)

Charlene said...

Beautiful items! You do inspire us so! Merry Christmas my dear friend.

Anonymous said...

Your gifts are so beautiful, but they were sent to a beautiful lady. Hope you and yours have a wonderful blessed Christmas.
Smiles,
Pat

Maison Douce said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Dawn! Thank for all the inspiration you give us!
Isabel

Bebe said...

Hi Dawn!!
Just thought I'd pop over and see what festive things your were doing! I haven't been blogging much lately, but I'm hoping to get back into that in the new year. I hope you and your family have a warm, safe, and happy Christmas and many, many blessings in 2009!!
Lots of holiday hugs, Bebe :)

Peggy said...

Have a great Christmas!

Peggy
http://pegslifeinthebuttonjar.blogspot.com/

Sandi said...

Hi Dawn...2nd attempt here to get a comment posted on my sloww dial up! LOL

You always are an inspiration to me and I love all your goodies. Merry Christmas to you and your family! Blessings!

Myrna said...

Dear Dawn, thank you for sharing a little about your 'beginning'--and look where you are now! How the Lord has blessed you because of your generousity, sweet spirit, and gift of friendship to people you've never seen, and make them feel so special! You are gifted and talented beyond your art--it goes into the hearts of others, to inspire them to be who God intended them to be.
"May the Lord bless you and keep you, may He make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you and give you rest."
Merry, Merry Christmas my sweet blogfriend!!
Love,
Myrna

Myrna said...

Dear Dawn, thank you for sharing a little about your 'beginning'--and look where you are now! How the Lord has blessed you because of your generousity, sweet spirit, and gift of friendship to people you've never seen, and make them feel so special! You are gifted and talented beyond your art--it goes into the hearts of others, to inspire them to be who God intended them to be.
"May the Lord bless you and keep you, may He make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you and give you rest."
Merry, Merry Christmas my sweet blogfriend!!
Love,
Myrna

Heidi said...

Lovely ornaments! Merry Christmas to you and your household!
Hugs, Heidi

Viola said...

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas, Dawn!
And also a wonderful creative 2009, my dear! :o)

Dorthe said...

sweet dear Dawn Thankyou for posting about my gift so wonderfull ,and for your sweet words, anD im so thankfull being your friend.The other gifts of yours are so beaUTIFULL and presius.
Dawn if i read right it must be tomorrow you are having your birthday, and i want to wish you a very happy day, with your loved ones.
Hoping you will get many wonderfull presents.
We are still with our daughter so ill write you in a copple of days.
all the best from Denmark and me.
Dorthe

Monica said...

Thank you Dawn, as you are constant inspiration for me!
These handmade pretties are so lovely! Very beautiful!
Monica x.

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I am four months into blogging, and I just found you. I like your sweet style, Please visit me, I would appreciate your stopping by and if I bring enjoyment to you, please add me to your favorites. thank you brook


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...