Saturday, December 6, 2008

Treasures found ~

It's so funny how when I go antiquing the things that I find are items that everyone else would pass right by ~ it has too many stains or it's falling apart or even they may not know how in the world they would put an item to good use. And I'm thankful for that!!

I was able to finish a little Christmas shopping Friday, which is so very good. Well, I eventually had to have an antique fix so I went to a local antique mall to see what I could find. Here is my sweet bounty!!

I think this is a little girl's night dress or something as it is made of a different fabric other than cotton. But just look at it, so sweet!

~ a child's book with wonderful illustrations
~ another little book that is falling apart but I love the look of the pages
~ some old paper clips in their boxes with neat graphics
~ a box full of pen nibs
~ a jar of creamy buttons and a doily (these were from The Plum Tree as I stopped by there too!)
~ the most beautiful tissue with handwriing from Target (I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it but I'll figure something out!)
~ two tiny bird ornaments that I want to use for something else besides being an ornament

I'm feeling so compelled to create!!! I'm working on other things around the house right now but soon enough I've got to get back into my art room and make something beautiful ~




















A beautiful image for you!!




Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!!

xxoo, Dawn

18 comments:

tam said...

Hello Dawn!
You have some beautiful finds there! I am sure with your talent you will create something gorgeous with them!
~Tam :D

Mechelle said...

All of your finds are just amazing! I'm sure you'll create something beautiful with them. :) I think you should write a tutorial on how to find the best antiques.
((hugs)) Mechelle

Sally L. Smith said...

Oooo-OOOooo-OOOOOooooo! What finds! Love,love,love the little birds and buttons; what interesting paper clips, adorable lil' dress and I'm heading for Target today! Thanks for sharing the breath-taking picture--can't wait to use it.
Sally

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh my! You struck gold with that many white buttons!!! Those birds are sooo sweet. There is something about being able to create as soon as a new purchase is made...can't wait to see what you come up with. Have a wonderful weekend! Laurie

Anonymous said...

Very nice finds! I go treasure hunting all the time too and I'm addicted to it. I keep what I want & then sell the rest in a spot that I rent at a multi-dealer antique shop.
Happy Holidays !
Sue

Lee Weber said...

you hit the jackpot! I love the nibs, they'll look great just in a bowl or bottle. Did you see the angel with the nib hair in last year's Somerset Studio (I think). She was cute.

Vee said...

Those little birds are wonderful and that image! Now why can't our Christmas stamps feature some attractive paintings of the Madonna and Child? I went with the Nutcrackers this year and I hate doing that!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I wish I had found those wonderful buttons. I was making Christmas stockings last night and digging through jars looking for creamy white buttons. My stash is low! Have a happy day

Anonymous said...

Dawn,

I swear sometimes I feel like you are a long lost sister! It would do us no good to go shopping together as we would be grabbing for the same items. :) I too have that tissue paper and I believe I even have those birds (well at least one of them). May your day be filled with creativity and blessings!
Lesley

LuLu Kellogg said...

Hi Dawn!

You are totally amazing with your home decor for the holidays! Beautiful!!!!!

Loved all your new finds. I too have that tissue paper from Le Target! I am going to work on my silver plate collage tutorial today so I am off to play!

LuLu~*

Dorthe said...

Oh Dawn, such beautifull finds, I would have snapped them too,--and the wonderfull gift from you-thanks.
I know you are bussy making your house ready for the little family, and wishes you all the best with the new temporealy life---how wonderfull-the whole family together for the whole christmas time.I envy you.
Hugs from Bornholm and me.
Dorthe

Tara said...

what great finds--doesn't it just make you feel great??

Vanessa {Bloom Right Here!} said...

I agree with you. I've often said that I tend to buy the things that others would overlook. Although, I think it is a good thing we don't live near eachother. We would be fighting over our treasures! I have those same little paper fasteners and I find it very hard to pass up any buttons or antique books.

Cindy said...

What a beautiful image! And just perfect for a project that was rolling around in my mind as I was sitting her strolling through blogland.

Thankyou.

c

Linda said...

Thank you for sharing this image...it's gorgeous!

Luv Creating Cards 'n' Keepsakes said...

Dawn,
What scrummy goodies you found and what bright eyes you must have. You must have felt so chuffed to have spotted them. I just wish we had shops like yours here in France.
Warmest best wishes
Suey
-x-

Janee said...

Dawn,
Thank you for posting such a breathtaking image for free. And, thank you for your continuing inspiration!
Sincerely, Janee

Jennifer said...

Wonderful finds! I have those (2 of them!) little birds, too. Got 'em at Target last week b/c they were just too cute to leave hanging there in the store! I'm not going to use them for ornaments, either, but not sure what. Right now, they are just looking cute sitting in my kitchen. :)


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...