Saturday, December 27, 2008

Birthdays can be GOOD!!

What precious friends I have!!!! Thank you ALL sooooo very much for your sweet birthday wishes!!!!!! Your friendship is the most wonderful gift of all ~ to read each and every comment was like opening so many birthday gifts! Thank you dear friends ~ you don't realize how much you all mean to me....

I just have to share a few goodies with you! Christmas eve....late.....a package arrived on our doorstep. It was from my sweet friend Charlene of My Heart's Ease in Texas!!!! She sent me the most wonderful Christmas goodies....I wanted to show you these treasures ~ a beautiful notepad book with a frame in the front...I've got to decide what to display in it (I do have to make myself notes all the time Charlene...you know I AM 47 now!) And look at the little baby shoe on wheels!!! Isn't it adorable? A nest, candle and a beautiful handmade card as well ~ thank you so much sweet Charlene!!! You know I just love it ALL!!





Well, I had a MARATHON shopping day!! My birthday was WONDERFUL!!!! I had lunch with my friend Dawn ~ and we always enjoy seeing each other....from there I did get to search around Hobby Lobby, found several goodies and I moved on to Jo-Ann Etc. then lastly, I did go to Barnes & Noble. The photos below show all my treasures!!!! I used 50% off coupons....as Jo-Ann's will accept Michael's coupons and they do have the BEST books ever. Just look at the book from Ruth Rae! Shadow boxes for nests, eggs to paint, molds for paper clay, a cropadile tool (half off!), scrapbooking papers, etc!!!! Good grief, I've got to get so busy.....creating my little heart out.




Yes, I bought a book and the supplies to start needle felting!!! I hope I can do this....just look at how precious the little projects are in the book ~




















I even found a few goodies on sale for things I want to make for the baby shower!!!!




Lastly, a sweet book, half off at the book store that has the most incredible old illustrations in it. I'll have to share a few with you!! I have this book but it's very old and small. This one has been reproduced and looks gorgeous!!



The best birthday gift of all????? Sweet Jenny Doh emails me to let me know my apron is going to be ON THE COVER of the premier issue of Apron-ology!!!!! HOW AMAZINGLY COOL IS THAT??? Thank you all so much for being so very encouraging and supportive....You all are such wonderful cheerleaders and friends to me! You must know that I love creating and love it even more now because you. inspire. me!


Wishing you all a wonderful, relaxing weekend sweet friends ~
xxoo, Dawn

28 comments:

Sue said...

Happy belated birthday! I love the book as well and still cherish my tattered copy from childhood. I bought my granddaughter her own "Garden of Verses" and hope that someday she will hear the poems in it echoed in her head as I do. My mother used to read the book over and over and had most of the poems committed to memory. I can never go near a swing without thinking "How do you like to go up in a swing, up in the air so blue? Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing ever a child can do!"

Vee said...

And I missed your birthday, too. Well, let's make it a birthday week and a birthday month.

Your shopping trip yielded great finds and now I'm taking notes.

Have a wonderful time creating...I know that we're going to be treated to some fantastic treasures once your felting takes off.

Congrats on the Apron-ology cover!

2 Dogs said...

All I can say is WOW. You did good. Glad your birthday was a good one.

Sheila Rumney said...

Looks like you had a wonderful birthday! Can't wait to see all your beautiful new projects.

Congrats on the Apron-ology cover! How very exciting!

Deb said...

Your Birthday sounds wonderful Dawn! Congratulatiions on the Apron-ology cover!! Thank you so much for posting your "Printing on fabric" tutorial on your side bar. I made a pillow for my daughter this Christmas following your tutorial :-) I will post pictures soon (and add a link back to you)!
Happy crafting with all your wonderful new finds.
Deb

Unknown said...

What a great shopping spree you had. Congratulations on your work being on a cover!

The Joy of Nesting said...

Oh My GOSH Dawn!!!

A 47 year old "Cover Girl" How cool is that??? {huge giggle} Actually sweet friend if this is the apron you did a couple of months ago, it rightly belongs on the cover!! It was beautiful :c)

Pattie :c)
Mazatlan Mexico

reagan said...

Woo-hoo! A birthday and a cover?! What a great present! I'm right behind you on the birthdays, coming up on 45-eeks! When my CPS article came out it was right before my b-day and smack dab in the middle of the mag so I told my DH that I was a centerfold at 44-lol! Hope your holidays were wonderful:-)
xoxo
Pam

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I didn't forget your birthday..uh...just wanted it to be..uh..EXTENDED! Yeah, that's it!

So, HappyHappyHappyHappy Birthday to You!!!!!
Looks like you hit the bonanza on craft supplies - can't wait to see what you create!

Yay! Apron-olige for you! Can't wait!
Blessings both belated and birthday every day of the year, my friend!

Charlene said...

Wow the cover!!!!!!!!!!! Jenny knows talent when she see's it! Congratulations. Glad you liked your goodies. What are you going to use for stuff for the faces? Interesting. And the needle felting looks intriquing. I almost bought some items from a gal on a blog & now I can't find which one :( but, they were $20 each & it was close to Christmas & the items were for me. Oh well... let me know how that goes.

Sandy said...

Congrats on all the goodies you scored! How exciting to here the news from Jenny!!! I can't wait to see the finished project, since you gave us some sneak peeks in earlier posts. Wonderful news!

PEA said...

Dawn,
well you don't look older so you must tell us all your secret! I know it is to be sweetest thing on earth and that will keep the wrinkles at bay!
You hit the jackpot girl! I am sorry this is so late. But Happy Birthday! Today would have been My Grandma's Birthday.
May the Lord Bless you and keep you well. Wishes and Dreams come true
Pea

Anonymous said...

Dawn, you are going to be SO busy! :-)
What glorious crafting finds!

And congratulations on the apron on the cover! Can't wait to see it!

I have a little baby shoe roller skate also very similar to the one you have. Mine has wheels made from metal bobbins from some kind of sewing machine. They're actually "double" bobbins with some kind of shank that joins them together. Aren't they the sweetest!

Well, Ms. Dawn 47, you don't look a day older. ;-)

Diane

Sherry said...

With all of this Dawn, I think you should have turned 47 a lot sooner than this!!! I mean, if all this goodness comes at 47!!! :) Seriously, I think it's wonderful that you will be on the cover of the magazine!! And I love that baby shoe on wheels!!!!

Happy creating...you are going to be one busy little lady -- and happy too I'll wager!! :)

tam said...

WoW! The cover of the premier issue-That IS sooo cool! Congrats on that-and what a nice birthday you did have! Good for you sister!
I am looking forward to seeing what you create with all of your great shopping day finds! Happy New Year Dear Blogging Buddy!
~Smiles~Tam!

Sandi said...

Sorry I missed your birthday Dawn! You are still young. I will be the big 50 next year! UGH!!
CONGRATS getting your apron on the cover of the premier mag as well!! How neat is that!
Blessings!

Draffin Bears said...

Congratulations on your apron been on the front cover.

I love all the goodies you bought and I look forward to seeing what beautiful treasure you make.

Carolyn

Nancy Hood said...

What is your daughter in law's blog? I'd like to drop in and keep up with the pregnancy, little girl, etc. :)

Cat (darklingwoods) said...

congrats and happy birthday! Nothing better than fresh supplies to make your spirit sing!

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

Hi Dawn~
So glad your shopping day was so delightful. You made out like a bandit. I loved all the nice things you got while shopping and the goodies you received. Think it was a real nice birthday and I want to wish you many more.
I started blogging again today, so please stop by. Hope to get some things on Etsy.
Smiles,
Pat

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Happy belated birthday! What wonderful purchases. You will enjoy needle felting. I want to go shopping with you, we have the same tastes,LOL.
Pat

Creations from my heart said...

What a wonderful birthday. You deserve it and what great news about the cover of the magizine. I can't wait to see it. How exciting... Your apron will look wonderful on the cover! Blessings...Sherry

vikki said...

wow sweetie ~ how fun of a day you had! & sooo deserving of it. congrats on the cover! you are still a youngster ~ cover girl! i just did the double nickle one, yep 55! sooo happy for you. still having fun packing your box for ya... too funnie with some of the things you bought go with what i already packed! kindred souls of the heart! ♥ hugs & blessings, vikki ♥

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

kathy said...

Dawn what sweet things you got . wow can't wait to see what you will create - Oh i can hardly wait -- i know they will be precious . You will love the cropadile - it helped my hands so much and can punch through things with ease . Oh the needle felting , you will do it so well , since you sew beautifully --kathy - ga

kathy said...

OOPs - forgot to say Congratulations about your cover -- Talent is evident when you sew --
and i know your family is so proud -- Kathy - ga

Heidi said...

Happy Belated birthday! You sure picked out a bundle of great things on your shopping trip! You are going to LOVE the cropadile, I can't believe how much I use mine! I also have the charm book, though I haven't made anything from it yet I love to look through it! AND the cover of the new Apron-ology publication????? Congratulations!!!! That is just awesome!!!! Love, Heidi

Unknown said...

So many wonderful treasures you received!!! You deserve it! ;)


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...