Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sweet gifts and a pumpkin harvest!

My dear friend Dorthe of Den Lille Lade in Denmark sent me a precious gift, just because . . . she knew I would love it and Dorthe, I so DO!!! How precious is this little Flower Fairies book??? Thank you so much sweet friend! Who would have ever thought that I would have such a thoughtful friend so many miles away? This land of blog makes the world a much smaller place ~





Another friend I met through my blog, Sharon, sent me a big box of lace, ribbons, jewelry and fabrics . . . Sharon, this is amazing!! Thank you so very much for your thoughtfulness ~ There are so many wonderful supplies to create with!





Can you believe all of these treasures?? I just had to share the photos with you ~


I've been so excited about fall, cooler temperatures and the gorgeous deep blue sky, I had to created a little harvest of my own . . . I've been wanting to make some of these fabric pumpkins forever and finally did it!! One is made from muslin as I had already started it but the other three are made from . . . you guessed it! Canvas dropcloth. They look like I painted them but I just made a mixture of instant coffee, cinnamon and a little vanilla and painted it onto the fabric. Cooked them for about 3-4 minutes in the oven (scary, they could burn sooo fast!) and then finished putting them together. They kind of look pumpkin colored don't they?

I did paint the leaves green plus I stained them with the coffee solution as well. You know what else I did?? Used my brand new jigsaw to cut my stems from a tree branch that had fallen in my yard! I love power tools!

I still want to add some aged tags that say "Harvest Time" or "The Frost is on the Pumpkin" . . . I added a little clear glitter to the tops so they would have a little bit of a frosty look ~ I'm going to put these in my Etsy store . . .






Also, look what I found on Ebay ~ The Water-Babies book! It was such a great price, 5 bucks or something but when I got it in the mail and opened it up . . . the only illustration in the whole book was the one that I've pictured! The seller didn't list an illustrator but I guess that was why ~ oh well, I guess I could always read the book!



I'm so excited about one more little thing that came in the mail Monday (it really was a great mail day!) . . . a little bitty tripod for my digital camera!!! I'm finally going to start on the nature journal tutorial now ~ it's so hard to hold the camera, press the button and have both hands to actually create too!! This should be a very helpful little thing ~

I hope that each of you are doing so good. If not, I pray that you will be soon ~ and thank you always for stopping by to see what I'm up to!

Happy Tuesday dear friends,

xxoo, Dawn

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

lots of delightful goodies!

Nancy Dooren ~ Nans said...

Oh, wow these are beautiful goodies to work with!!!! Love the lace and buttons!!!
And the pumkins are great!!! Love Halloween!!!

debi said...

Oh, I love your little canvas pumpkins!! They're SO cute!
Debi

The Cinnamon Stick said...

My goodness girl I can't keep up with you....so much creating always going on....I LOVE the pumpkins..Sharon made some "BOO" (white) pumpkins with the glitter as frost..that was so kind of you to share! (I love the glitter kind of frost..not the REAL stuff) I agree about Blogland...the kindest, sweetest people I have met! aka YOU !!

Vee said...

My goodness! You've been blessed with the mother lode today. Your blogging buddies are the very best.

Your pumpkins are too cute and so rustic looking.

Betty said...

You are so talented! I've said it before and I'll probably say it again. Love the pumpkins. Having a friend send you treats is special, too. Take care.

Sandy said...

What delightful mail you received! The pumpkins are fantastic! I am working a set of little pumpkins myself only in another media. I hope they come out as well as yours did! Have a terrific Tuesday!

vikki said...

hi sweetie! lovely treasures for a lovely treasured friend!!! ♥ love your punkins & the book. love seeing what u have been up to & your sharing & caring ways ~ so inspirational & encouraging. computer still acting up... so hopefully this will git to ya. many hugs & blessings, vikki ♥

Michelle Palmer said...

I just love to visit your blog n' all the "creative" that you share!
Love the photos...love the pumpkins...they must smell wonderful!

Hope you have a fantastic day!
Michelle

kathy said...

Dawn , I can almost smell the delightful pumpkins here . yumm
they really are the sweetest and the frost delightful ,, Kathy - GA

Teri said...

I love those pumpkins, they are gorgeous and I bet they smell great too!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet treasures!!!
Diane

Nita Jo said...

Your pumpkins turned out great! What lovely treasures. Can't wait to see what you will do with all the lace and goodies.

I've also been on the lookout for Water-Babies with the illustrations by Mabel Lucie Attwell. I've found all sorts of other illustrators, but not the edition with hers. Sad! I'll let you know if I find a source.

Faith's Vintage Vanity said...

Hi Dawn, you are so lucky to have such wonderful friends. Sounds like a great mail day! Talk to you soon.

Luv,
Faith

Dorthe said...

Dear Dawn,im so happy you like the little book, -and what great gift you got from your friend, lots of wonderfull stuff for many special hours to work with.
And ooh i love your pumpkings, so real in colour, and so ekstra with the little powder of glitter, another wonderfull thing from your hands Dawn.
love and hugs Dorthe

Unknown said...

Dawn, what treasures! I love the pumpkins- they are really wonderful! That Flower Fairies book is pretty valuable, think. I bought single page illustrations from one of Cicely Mary Barker's books for framing and I think I paid $15 each. What a very kind gift!

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Dawn, I love the fairy book! All the tresure is wonderful.
You are very loved friend.
By me too..
xoxo Nita

Sarah said...

Just Wanted to stop bye and say hi. How are ya?

Creations from my heart said...

Those pumpkins are wonderful and what a great bunch of treasures you recieved. I went to Jo-ann's looking for the new Somerset magizine that you are in. Couldn't find it. When is it coming out, i can't wait to see your things in it. Blessings....Sherry

emily said...

OOooo I just love lace! What great goodies you receieved! Can't wait to see what you create!
The pumpkins are so cute! Have a good week.
emily

Tina Leavy said...

love your little pumpkins..so cute. and the mail goodies..aren't blogging pals the best..they spoil us good sometimes.
hugs to you .
Tina

Mercedes said...

Oh, My,! those are gorgeous things to work!! You are a lucky girl.

Unknown said...

Wow, it looks like you hit the motherload of goodies! How sweet your blogging friends are. You are sooo creative! I love the pumpkins and how you made the "dye" for them. I bet they smell pretty darn good.
;D Tammy


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...