Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Monday dear friends ~



I love beautiful old children's illustrations. I can't get enough of them . . . I love the old one's best and have found more and more artists that I adore their work. These are by Mabel Lucie Attwell ~ the roundness of their faces, the colors that were used ~ her work is just amazing. Now if I could only find an old book chock full of her illustrations!! And should you ever run across a copy of The Water-Babies, would you grab it for me??!





~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The birthday party Saturday for my MIL was so much fun and I think she really liked herself as a fairy!!! (I used a photo of her when she was a young girl to transform her into the fairy)




I'm so very excited!!! I've enlisted the talents of a wonderful artist to create a NEW banner for my blog! I can't wait to see what she comes up with . . . Our boys are out of school this week, fall break they call it ~ that's why we go back to school the first of August, every six weeks they get a week off. And believe me the kids are ready and the teachers are really ready when six weeks rolls around!! It's really wonderful ~

I hope your week is great, remember squeeze in a little time to do what you love and do what makes you smile ~ wishing you a wonderful Monday,

xxoo, Dawn

18 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

love the children's illustrations! your mom in law looks like she had a lovely time.
wishing you a lovely Monday too.
hugs,
Tina

marie said...

I love the children's illustrations ~ especially the little one on the rock. So sweet. It speaks to me today.

Thanks for sharing.

Nita Jo said...

Your MIL looks so happy with her fairy self! It turned out so nice.

I love Mabel Lucie Attwell's illustrations. I haven't seen a copy of Water Babies in a very long time. The newer editions have other artists.

Happy Monday to you!
Nita Jo

Creations from my heart said...

We had a suprise birthday party for my MIL's birthday also on Sat. You are so creative. I made her a photo album to hold the photos from the party and then I did a photo slide video. It took HOURS but it come aout great. She was crying by the end of it. I hope out of happiness! Blessings...

Elizabeth said...

Awww - You brought back wonderful memories for me. When the children were younger, we listened to a book-on-tape of "Water Babies". Even my huband loved it.

I will keep an eye out for the book for you - love the illustrations. I go to two used/rare book stores.

Have a wonderful day and thanks for the pictures!
(I changed my blog header, too!)
Elizabeth

Free Art Printables said...

Those images are just lovely!

Sandy said...

I am a huge fan of several illustrators from the past who specialized in children's book images. I think there is a reprint of The Water-Babies. I read this to my children when they were small, we checked it out of our local library. This delightful story was also made into a movie and we watched it countless times, it transitions from the real world to a magical underwater world. I wish you luck in finding the book!

Myrna said...

Thanks for sharing the sweet illustrations!!
You are a very sweet, kind, and thoughtful daughter-in-law to make such a special gift for your MIL!!
I bet she was really touched!

Unknown said...

What a lovely present for your MIL! The waterbaby pictures are so sweet.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU DAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are such a good, kind, gentle and creative FRIEND :c} :c} My new wall paper is sooooooooo beautiful and awesome!!!!!!!!! :c}

Bet you can't tell how excited I am?? ;C}

I can't wait to see your new banner, cuz my newbie blog has said many times when she grows up she wants to look like Dawn's!!!

Pattie :c}
Mazatlan Mexico

Vee said...

The water babies are so adorable. I have some prints of water babies somewhere...hmmm...

Your mil looks as if she had a wonderful birthday and didn't mind being made into a sweet fairy one little bit.

Anonymous said...

I love those sweet illustrations, Dawn!

Have a wonderful week.

Anonymous said...

Dawn, It looks like you have made someone VERY happy with her fairy jar! ;-)

Those illustrations are darling!

Diane

Wish on a Whisker said...

Dawn~ I enjoyed your post tonight on Mabel Lucie Attwell! Earlier today I bought two greeting cards with her illustrations on them. They are adorable! Thanks for sharing. ~Mandy

secretleaves said...

I too have a love of old children's illustrations adn these are particularly beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Sharon

Wren Cottage said...

Awwww... the illustrations are beyond precious!! And your beautiful MIL is a sweetie, she just loves it!! Can't wait to see your new banner!!
If I ever see a water babies book it is yours!! xo
Hugs ****
Madai ~~*~*~*

Nancy Hood said...

Oh my, what a long time it's been since I read of Water Babies :) Used to have a book, but that was long ago ~ I'll keep you in mind should I find one, thought :)

Lee Weber said...

hey there- amazon.com.uk has a few of these book available.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...