Friday, January 18, 2013

A wonderful, blank slate...



Since this has been a sewing week,
I decided I should go ahead and create
a regular iPad sleeve pattern!

I don't if I'll make very many of these
but if the mood strikes,
and I feel like sewing,
it's always good to have
a pattern ready that I know works!

A precious little girl image for you....






Here it is!!!
All ready for it's adorning ~
A wonderful, blank slate.

This is the part of the project that I LOVE!
Pulling out all of the lace, laying it on,
trying this, trying that.

And believe it or not,
it's the most difficult as well!
Each component has to "fit" to me or I'm not happy ~




And what's so funny?
I don't own an iPad so I had to Google it's measurements!
I made it a little on the large side I think...
if you have one,
what do YOU think,
will it work???

It  measures approximately 11" x 9"








And I used the same creamy polar fleece that I used
in the iPad mini case I made earlier this week.





OH! And I thought I'd share this crazy pizza I made for dinner ~
We've been eating healthier and this pizza crust
is made using cauliflower!!!

You combine all the ingredients for the crust,
and bake it for about 30 minutes.
So while it was cooking,
I sauteed Boca crumbles, onions, red peppers and zucchini.
When the crust was ready, I slathered on some pizza sauce,
all the vegetables and topped with cheese!
You just broil it for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly...
It was really GOOD! I may add a little more seasoning to the crust next time.







I'm going junking today...and it's been a LONG time,
so wish me luck sweet friends!!!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend ~
hugs and love,
Dawn






12 comments:

Vee said...

I wondered when you might move up to iPads. Do have a great day junking! Junqueing?

Maureen said...

Oh you do such perfect work! !ow, I would love one of these for my old iPad. My first gen iPad measures 9 3/4" tall by 7 3/4" wide INCLUDING the flip back cover/case, so this should easily fit! Mine is also thicker than the new ones at about 1/2 inch thick when in the cover.

Can't wait to see how you embellish this beauty!

Susie said...

Dawn, I want to go junking with you.:) The pizza looks tasty to me. Although I never heard of crust made with cauliflower. Those little pouches look so well made. have a fun weekend. xoxo,Susie

Theresa said...

I don't have an iPad either but I loved the case you made for the mini:) Enjoy your day dear friend, I am heading to look at your recipe! HUGS!

Junkchiccottage said...

Dawn,
So happy to see you are making a cover for the reg. ipad. I got one for Christmas and love my new ipad. I sit in bed at night and check my blogs and pinterest from my comfy bed instead of being on the computer. Best gift I ever got. Now I just need a cute over for it like the one you made for the mini. I am excited to see what you come up with.
Kris

Unknown said...

I just was told about ur blog from a friend that how's I do the same thing and have a blog as well! You have great ideas. Hopefully we can share ideas together. Happy weekend!

Linda said...


Hello Dawn,

Very nice! I have a kindle fire not an ipad. Lovely! Can't wait to see what you do with it! have fun junking!
Linda

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Love love love the first photo of the little girl and her bird. Thank you. The ipad case looks so warm with the fleece inside, I'd love to have a sleeping bag like that. Of course with vintage lace, buttons and seam binding embellishing it. Have a wonderful day. Snowing here in Maine. ~ Abby

Sandie R said...

Loved the cover for the iPad mini. I have an iPad 2 (second generation) and the measurements with my flip cover onit are 9 1/2 x7 1/2 wide and 1/2 inch thick. If I measure the circumfrence each way it is 19 1/2 x 15 1/2 with flip cover. Hope that helps. Wish I could be junkin with you.

Lisa said...

I love your blank canvas! This is so your specialty. I adore my iPhone case, just beautiful. So the pizza was good? I'll have to try it. I was hoping you had your new treasures up today. Can't wait to see your haul.
Lisa

Claudia said...

I don't own an iPad either, but I bet those who do will be thrilled with your pattern!

xo
Claudia

Elderberry Dreams said...

Can't wait to see what you do with this! I bought a cover for my IPAD that was just "ok" but not pretty or anything. It is a great idea to make one all lacy and pretty, maybe add some graphics or something ♥ Sewing just is not my thing....!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...