Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Looking beyond the obvious ~


So....I had more dental work today. Can I just say ~ YUCK-O!
Anyway, this is a blog about good stuff so let's move on :)

I took myself straight to the Good Will again after getting out of "dental jail"
and found a few treasures.

The moral of this post is to look beyond....
beyond what something is
to what it COULD BE!

I found two things.
One was a photo album of sorts for Jamaican vaca photos!
Well, I've never been there, and I'm sure it's gorgeous
but the minute I laid my eyes on the album
I KNEW it would be an AMAZING nature journal!!!

What do you think?



This wonderful twine is on each and every page to hold pics but....
I think they should hold wonderful nature collages!



See the back???
GORGEOUS!



So, I start ripping things off....as fast as I can.



Using the exact-o knife when I need to ~


Sorry Jamaica....you're outta here.



I love this twig detailing down the spine ~





My other find?
An amazing journal!!
It has the most wonderful handmade paper on the outside and inside as well ~





My little hovel of garbage I picked off of both :)




So it looks like I have a few more projects on my desk!!!




Always look beyond what you find, to what it could become!!!!
Now, it's time work on these babies and turn them into something special ~


I hope your week is going wonderfully.....
Mine is now since I don't return to the dentist until next Wednesday!!!
Have a great Thursday my dear friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn



17 comments:

Jo said...

Dawn,
What wonderful finds. Can't wait to see what you do with them. You are such a talented person. I guess going to the dentist is just one of the necessary evils we must endure.

I want to tell you thank you for such sweet words you wrote on my blog. You are truly a friend in blogland.

Hugs, Jo

Sonya Badgley said...

Hi Dawn,
What great finds you found at the GoodWill! I love all the textures. What you turn them into will be fabulous, I'm sure!
Big hugs to you,
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Awesome finds! I need my Goodwill fix this month, too! Been busy - but maybe can sneak out later tomorrow afternoon - I'll be over that way. Look forward to what you make of these things. BTW - Who would get rid of such a lovely journal??? Some folks just don't know treasure when they have it!
Joy!
Kathy

Denise Phillips said...

You got your muse back and on a roll!
Hate dentists! Just had oral surgery nearly 2 weeks ago, stitches still in there!!! Argg.
You always find the most amazing things at the second hand places! I guess the pickin's are better where you are than here, LOL!
Cheers!

Sheila R - Blessed and Distressed said...

Love what you are doing with the ablum. Thanks for the gentle reminder to not always see what it is but what it can be.

Hugs,

Sheila

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

I look forward to what you do with these wonderful finds. Happy creating.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I know that you will transform these pieces into real beauties, Dawn! I know I'm seeing "nature" inspired projects from these pictures.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Dawn,
wonderful finds and I'm sure you will transform them into gorgeous treasures!
Have a lovely day.
Hughs,
Marie

Theresa said...

EWWWWW, I hate going to the dentist EVEN for cleaning:( Love your finds, I wish that I had the vision to see beyond right now with projects like you do!

Enjoy your dentist-free day:) HUGS!

Rhonda said...

I hate the dentist, so I feel for you. But your finds are amazing, yes, you will create the most beautiful journals, this I know.

Ella said...

Dental jail, cracked me up! So glad you rewarded yourself, after~ Amazing finds...I am so jealous!
enJOY tweaking them...can't wait to see what you will do ;D

Vee said...

Sounds like root canal...but this is a pleasant comment so moving on... See? I'd never be able to imagine it as anything else and here you're going to turn it into some amazing creation. You're going to show us, too, right?

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

My favorite thing to do...look beyond the obvious!

Deborah said...

I am iin total agreement with Deneen. Can hardly wait to see the finished project! Sorry about the dental.

Sandy said...

Cool finds! I can see you filling them with awesome art work. Have fun!

Leanne said...

I used a similar book for my Hawaii trip. It was fun to work in!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

I'd have passed this by, I"m sure.......love what you're doing with it... FAB.U.LOUS.

Hugs,
Spencer


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...