Monday, August 1, 2011

Front porch goodness ~


I have to share this amazing photo that my son David took yesterday!!
He has a new photo app on his Droid phone that offers tons of editing options SO
I asked him to take a photo of our front porch with the "dreamy" setting....

What do you think???

I just love our front porch!!!
Right now it's tricky going out there....it may be 90 or more degrees but
sometimes....when the breeze is just right....it's HEAVENLY!

Of course, come Fall, it will be absolutely perfect for me all the time!




Here are a few photos of the sky he took too ~



Our view across the street from the house ~



And this one? It looks absolutely AMAZING to me!



The view from the end of our driveway....we are only about 500 feet from the train tracks,
can you see the gravel built up to them?




 I also have to share a few pics my sweet niece Adrian took this weekend:
Noah and Clara!





She's such a big girl!
It makes my eyes water just thinking about how fast this baby is growing.



School starts today for Noah....he's going into the eighth grade now!
And don't you feel sorry for him a bit because his school's starting so early.
They get a week or more off EVERY six weeks!!!
I love their schedule because just about the time everyone's fed up,
students AND teachers,
they get some time off...
And their first week off is in September!!!!

He has washed TONS of clothes, himself (YAAAAY!).
He's folded them, hug them up, etc.
just getting ready for the new school year.

We've been shopping together getting all of his supplies ready.
Sooooo...I've not been so creative lately ~ just getting my baby ready for school.
He's probably grown six inches this past year
and is growing into a wonderful young man.
What happens to the time?????


I hope you have a wonderful Monday and first of August precious friends!!!
hugs and love,
Dawn




25 comments:

Barbara Jean said...

your porch is too dreamy!!!
and of course the kids, so sweet!!!!

love the openness of your property!

blessings and have a super week friend

barbara jean

Dorthe said...

Dear Dawn, I`m also getting a bit schared when seing" my "kids so quickly growing- where does time fly...
Noa and Clara are both such beautiful kids-- and yes he is now a young man, helping his mother wash his clothes -wonderful.
And wonderful is your porch dearest Dawn-I wish you a cooler weather, that you can soon enjoy it out there.
The sky photoes are marvellous.
Happy 1/8 to you,too sweetie, and love and hugs from,Dorthe

Alan & Melissa said...

Your porch is absolutely beautiful! I was just telling Alan about your farmhouse and how beautiful the pictures are as we drove through your town the other day. What is more amazing is that Noah is going into 8th grade. Wow! It doesn't seem possible. But then again, my own daughter is going into 2nd grade today. Tell your family I said, Hello! Have a beautiful day! - Melissa

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

Your dreamy porch..the surrounding area and everything about your home seems PERFECT for you.
Hope you have great August too.
Your youngest and your granddaughter are growing up to be healthy, happy people I can tell they are content.

Rose

Vee said...

Oh I was just going to say that Noah is all teenager now. Six inches taller in a year will do that! Yes, Clara is growing too fast. Stop feeding her miracle grow right now!

Beautiful veranda...simply delightful...what a great location you have there!

Theresa said...

GORGEOUS pictures! LOVE your porch and all around your home IS beautiful! Sweet picture of Noah and Clara, she is growing way too fast! Good luck to Noah on starting school, a little early for school:) but the weeks off are nice! Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

WOW! Gorgeous pictures! I want to paint the one of the clouds! Have a great day!

Pamela said...

Beautiful porch...all it needs is me with a book. The pictures are beautiful.

Early to start school but the weeks off would be a good enticement. The kids grow fast. My youngest is starting college this year.

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Your porch and yard are so pretty !!
My kids had the same kind of schedule that Noah does
when they were in school and it was awesome!!!

Jenny said...

What beautiful photos, Dawn! My son starts 7th grade, daughter 5th grade and younger son 1st grade on Thursday. I wish they wouldn't grow up so fast! :) I know you are looking forward to your porch in the fall. Be sure to have more photos done when the leaves turn colors! :)

Angela said...

The sky photos are gorgeous. Your front porch is just wonderful!

Noelle the dreamer said...

Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos!
You are blessed with a beautiful place to rest and dream...
May you continue to feel His love,

Richard Cottrell said...

Don't you just love a porch? Thanks for sharing. Richard at My Old Historic House.

Frankie Kins said...

What a beautiful porch! May I come and sit? :D

Sandy said...

Dawn,

Clara looks like a living baby doll, she is so adorable! The photos are amazing, love the one of the porch, looks like a sweet place to dream. What glorious views you have too. I have not been very creative lately either I have so many house projects to catch up on. Oh well, but for a short season. Have a wonderful week!

YONKS said...

Ain't technology brilliant! Great camera :-)
Dianne
YONKS UK

jennifer768 said...

Beautiful porch and the pics of the sky are awesome.Thanks for sharing,Jen

Riki Schumacher said...

Hi Dawn! Thanks so much for swinging by. I love your son's photos! Wow, what an amazing setting, just beautiful. Very inspirational. The kids are so darling. They do grow up so quickly, not fair! Good luck getting your son ready for school, can't believe it's that time again! Hugs, Riki

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Dawn,
your porch is beautiful and so perfect to sit and dream! Can't believe how fast Clara is growing. Thanks for sharing.Noah must be excited to go back to school.
Have a wonderful week.
Hugs,
Marie

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Oh my...it is a dreamy setting!

Cyn said...

love the pic of your porch..i could just curl up there and dream!

At Home in English Valley said...

Hi Dawn, I got the same effect on my camera...I took my cool camera outside to the hot weather and condensation formed on the lens. I got 3 dreamy photos...accidently! Your Noah really has grown 6 inches since we last saw his photo! What a handsome guy, best of luck in 8th grade! Love, Penny

Deborah said...

Loving it all!

Anna at the Doll House said...

Hello Dawn

I have just come across the picture of your enchanting porch. Here in Norway it's hot too and I can just imagine sitting there in the shade with a cooling breeze.

Anna

Laurie said...

Finally, I've "met" someone else whose kid started school August 1! My 9th grader did, too. I can't wait to have grandkids!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...