Friday, August 7, 2009

Sweet boys ~


Well, we almost have one week of school under our belt!!!!
Noah has been wonderful ~ waking up so good in the morning....me?
Well, I'm feeling the effects of my night owl tendencies and then having to wake up early!

Have I ever told you how wonderful our boys are?? We have five, yes....FIVE sons. They are all so different from each other but have many things about them that are similar. One trait that runs strong through each of their veins is their love for one another and their loyalty to each other. If one is hurting, or should need help, it seems that one of their brothers always steps up and helps any way that they can. It truly touches my heart to see this.

Our oldest son, Brent has worked full time all week long at his job. Chase (the next to the youngest) leaves Sunday to go to college but has had engine trouble with his car. After his job every day this week, Brent worked until after midnight on his ailing car. Tonight.....it cranked and purred like a kitten! He has saved us ALL so much money ~ what a blessing!!!!

If we have done anything right with these boys it is that they care and love one another....
and for that I am so thankful ~

After shopping most of the day Thursday for supplies for college I must head to bed at a decent time.....but I have something so precious to share with you tomorrow, kindness arrived in the mail today from a sweet friend and I just have to show you!!!!!




Wishing you a wonderful Friday dear friends,
xxoo, Dawn

14 comments:

marie said...

Isn't that the most wonderful thing! To have your children love & respect each other!! We're blessed that way too. I have two sons and two daughters and they would come to the aid of one another in a moment.

My heart nearly bursts when I watch them laughing together...and sometimes crying too.

And now I have 2 daughter-in-laws and 1 son-in-law who came into the family, found their spot and it's like they've always been there! There's no greater joy than a loving family!

Especially when it includes grandbabies!! : )
But don't get me started on my three ~ there won't be room for any other comments because I would go on and on and on!

I'm so glad that you know the joy of a grandbaby too!!

Abi said...

Sounds like you've done a terrific job! I look forward to seeing what arrived....

Jacque said...

That is probably the most blessed of all traits they could share in common! I have 2 sons, there is 10.5 yrs difference in their ages. They have very little in common but they do love and support each other! Thanks for sharing...

Dorthe said...

Yes Dawn, that is to treasure soo much , when the "kids" love and share compassion. I se the same with my grandchildren, and so hope it will carry on.

Wishing you dear friend, a wonderfull day, and will return for the goodies you will show us tomorrow, sweet.
What a pretty picture of the little boy.

Hugs and love to you from me.
Dorthe

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That is wonderful! I love to hear that and although my two are a boy and a girl, they do the same thing for each other. It makes you feel {as a parent} like you did something right!

The Old Parsonage said...

It is such a wonderful feeling isn't it. Our sons are 22 and 20.When we are in bed late at night and I hear them together laughing at something it warms my heart so much.

Enjoy your loving family!
Leann

KC Willis said...

I was blessed with 2 step-sons late in my 40's. I never had children and these 2 young men (now 14 and 16) are one of the best things in my life. Thanks for sharing. Hugs.

Sandy said...

How precious and special it is when a family is close together like yours. I am an only child and never had the joy of brothers or sisters. I am happy to say that my son and daughter are very close. I am sure you have done a wonderful job in many areas of parenting with your talented boys. Have fun creating with those new supplies today!

Anonymous said...

Oh Dawn...what a wonderful gift that is to have our children love and share with each other. It is one of those tear-brimming moments for sure!
Take care and get some rest~~

Hugs,
Lynn♥

~Let FREEDOM Ring!~

kathy said...

Sweet Dawn -- Thank you for your sweet comments -- Yes we are truly blessed to have our children , who love each other so much --
Have a blessed weekend - Kathy - ga

xashee's corner said...

i have two sons and have to agree, they are WONDERFUL! :) Thank you so much for sharing yours... all FIVE sound GREAT! :) Have an AWESOME weekend!

Zori said...

Hi Dawn,
I also have a son Mike who is a joy in my life for 27 years and ongoing, sons are so special! BTW I recieved the sweet dress assemblage you created and I just love it!! Thank you, looking forward to more of your original creations, what talent!!

Creations from my heart said...

Your post touched me. Having two sons I can understand. Last week my husband and I were away with our younger son. My oldest son called the younger one to ask him how he pitched in the baseball tournement. I could here the conversation and I was so touched by the gesture. My youngest (austin) said to his brother at the end of the conversation. Hey, I love you. Thanks for calling to see how I did. My heart swelled, just as I am sure yours did.
Life sure can have wonderful moments. Blessings...Sherry

Journal Swag said...

Wow, Dawn! I didn't know you had 5 boys! That is awesome! My husband's name is Brent too. It must mean that if you name your son Brent, he will be a wonderful, smart and generous man! I know mine is, and it sounds like yours is too!

Hugs,
Sheila


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...