Thursday, August 27, 2009

Humbled and thankful ~

A sweet little baby for your artwork :) I love his(?) little smile ~



Yesterday sweet gifts arrived on my door step. Kindness gifts. You know the kind....you open them and your eyes fill with tears because of the effort and giving that was involved ~

Lisa of Tarnished and Tattered sent me a box of wonderful things and I just have to share her goodness with you! Look at the banner she made me!! I've already hung it and it just warms my heart to see it as I walk into my studio....



And look at the other goodies she included!!




These images are printed on petticoat or crinoline fabric! How cool is THIS?!


Lisa included a beautiful old book with some of the most wonderful images....I have to share them with you. I'll try to scan them for you too ~





Bees for the bee assemblage??



Dear Lisa, thank you so, so much!!! How kind and thoughtful of you....
I absolutely love everything!
You are just amazing and I'm so glad that you're blogging now!

Please check out Lisa's blog HERE, she's the mother of triplets
and creates the most beautiful things ~


Another wonderful image I have to share with you....found at my favorite shop The Plum Tree!

I've met some of the most precious friends through this blog ~
I'm most humbled and thankful to be a part of this little blogging universe.

I hope your Thursday is filled with goodness!
hugs and love,
Dawn

18 comments:

BellaRosa said...

hi Lovey :) What wonderful gifts...I LOVE that banner it is gorgeous and you know what?? it is so you :) I can't wait to see what wonderful things you make with all those pretties. Rose :)

marie said...

The banner is beautiful and it looks like you found a perfect place for it too! I'm anxious to see what you create with the pretty bird printed fabric ~ I'm sure your head is full of ideas for it. And that book is so sweet ~ the images are wonderful. I especially love the one with the squirrels! They truly do look like friends!!

Lori said...

what a great banner...the book is really sweet...i just love the old children's books!!!

Dorthe said...

Hi sweet,
Such precius goodies, the banner is absolutely beautifull.
Hope you are well,and feeling good,dear,?
I`m off to my grandchildren tomorrow, and untill monday, jubiii

Love and hugs Dorthe

Sandy said...

I adore that banner! She really did a great job. Such lovely gifts and I know you will put them to good use in your amazing art pieces. Have a sweet day!

My Arts Desire said...

Hi Dawn,
Thank you for sharing Lisa's wonderful creations and a link to her blog. Her work is scrumptious! The FAITH banner is so gorgeous and such an inspiring piece.

Hope all goes well with sweet baby Clara's move tomorrow!
xo
Sue

Charlene said...

Lisa is such a sweet person! She & I are so lucky to be friends. We are going to our very first ART GROUP get together tonight. Can't wait. I think she & I are going to get to go to Round Top Antique Fair together this fall. We are both waiting with baited breath for that.

Love all the things Lisa sent you. So very Dawn in looks. You have been a good friend to so many of us starting our path into Blogland. You deserve all the treasures you get because you give so much to others.HUGS to a dear friend.

Muneeba said...

When I see ppl being so kind and thoughtful, it really does humble me! What a sweet gift :)

vikki said...

HI SWEETIE~ WHAT WONDERFUL TREASURES FOR A WONDERFUL FRIEND! THEY ARE ALL SOO LOVELY, JUST LIKE YOU! HAVE FUN CREATING & HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEK! LOVE SEEING YOUR ART & IT SHOWS HOW MUCH YOU ENJOY IT! HUGS & BLESSINGS, VIKKI ♥

xashee's corner said...

Thank you so much for sharing such WONDERFUL graphics and i LOVE all the gifts you recieved!! Thanks for sharing the smiles that came with your gifts! :D Have a BEAUTIFUL day!

Karen Valentine said...

That banner is just wonderful! What a thoughtful gift you have received. I'm off to check out her blog right now.

Karen
My Desert Cottage

Sherri@TreasureHunters said...

What wonderful things your friend sent you!
My friend Christine Annette is the one who said I should visit your site and she's right; it's lovely.
nice to meet you,
Sherri

Gail said...

Dawn,
I just bought the newest Somerset Studio today and love the article you wrote, and love the beautiful assemblage piece you created! I applaud your creative mind in thinking "outside the box" for old treasures to become something else....well done my friend!
xo,
Gail

KarenB said...

I seriously love that banner. What a wonderful gift! You must feel so loved!

Journal Swag said...

Oh my goodnes! What a kind and talented lady! (Both of you)!

Sheila

Tanya said...

What a talented friend you have, and she has triplets? She's already my hero! Love the faith banner.

Barbara Jean said...

Love the faith banner.

and the little book is so sweet.

glad you have received such a great package.

blessings,
Barbara jean

kate said...

lovely post
kate


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...