Thursday, August 6, 2009

Good stuff ~

I just love this magazine!!!!! But you know it's more than a magazine, right?? So many wonderful artists, many I've never heard of but so glad that I'm introduced to. And to see their creative space is just wonderful!!! I took a few photos to give you an idea of who's featured.....


The amazing Mary Engelbreit ~


The lovely Ruth Rae ~



The amazing Nicol Sayre ~


Sweet Teresa McFayden ~


Wonderful Debbee Thibault ~



Plus there's so many more....I just love seeing their spaces. Seeing how they store their supplies, what inspires them and reading their articles. This is truly one of my very favorite publications of Stampington ~




I picked up something that I just had to try out....and hopefully I'll make more than just the one that I finished!!! It's a yo-yo template thing....I found at Michael's and had to use the coupon so I could try it. I LOVED it!!! Of course being the goob that I am, I made a yoyo from coffee dyed muslin ~ now....I need to think, what can I make from these precious things ~






Yes, they're just waiting....waiting to "BE" ~



I see the moon
The moon see's me
The moon see's the one
I long to see

God bless the moon
And God Bless me
And God bless the one
I long to see

Seems to me
That God above
Created you
For me to love

He picked you out
From all the rest
'Cause He knew
I loved you best.



Happy Thursday my dear friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to get my hands on this mag...I have the book...and love that...so I know it will be chock full of inspiration! OH and I am obsessed with yo yos...love them...just made a bunch of new jewelry with fabric ones. Love coming hear and seeing all you are up to as well as your sweet soul pouring out in all you do Dawn!

Lana Manis said...

Uh-oh, I always pre-order that mag and I didn't get this issue. I'd better go check my account!

Sweet new creations Dawn!

And I love the moon poem!

BellaRosa said...

Dawn, what a pretty poem. I am hoping I can find my copy of Where Woman Create this weekend, the B&N around here are really bad about stocking them, I think I will try Michael's like you suggested last time with Sommerset Life, they had it before B&N by almost a week. I was thinking, I being the goob that I am :)( I like that word btw ) can you try making some of those yoyos out of lace fabric? and then maybe some velvet ones and making flowers with pretty rhinestone or pretty button centers? Is that even possible? lol see what happens when I start thinkin :) Take care lovey, create to your hearts content...Rose

Dorthe said...

Hi sweet you,
Yes that number looks just great, with so many interesting artists ,just got the last Sew Sommerset, and as you wrote it is amazing,and soo beautifull.
Oh how I envy all of you :Michaels and the coupons--we don`t have someting like that here.The yoyo templates looks so great.
And sweetie thanks for the so sweet and pretty poem that is born for your photo.
Hope youl will have a sunny and lovely day dear Dawn.
Love and hugs ~Dorthe

Beth Leintz said...

I have some of those yo yo makers and I LOVE them- it's just a snap to make yoyos- and kind of addicting. Of course, I haven't DONE anything with them, but they do look pretty all gathered together on a platter. I like your idea about using muslin- I've been using flour sack type material, but the possibilities are endless!

Petit Coterie said...

Such a great magazine and the yo-yo maker looks like fun. Please post a picture when you finish your yo-yo's.

Hugs~Michelle

Primitive Seasons said...

Lovely, Dawn, just so sweet. Can't wait to get my copy of the magazine. It's not in the stores here yet.

Mary
www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com

Sandy said...

Dawn,
You would have thought I was a mad woman digging through a cart of yet to be displayed magazines for my copy of WWC and Sommerset Life! Our local bookstore only gets a few copies and I carefully watch the release date and hover until I can get mine. I should just pre-order but like going to buy them.

The little shoes are adorable! I used one of those yo-yo things to make velvet acorns. I think I might have sent you one.

Have a wonderful day!

Deb said...

I hope our local bookstore has this in!! Can't wait to get a copy too :-) Your little shoes are going to look wonderful ♥

Anonymous said...

Love that poem! I wouldn't have thought of making yoyos from coffee-dyed muslin - but seems like a few of those on one of your aprons would look great...

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Can't wait to see all the beautiful spaces, but mostly the women who create. Debbee is such a sweetie, did you notice her new jewelry she is wearing? It's just gorgeous in person. Hope you have fun with your yoyo thingie...what a great idea! I used to do it with cardboard, this is way better.
xo Lidy

Jacque said...

I love yo-yo-s. My sister made a bedspread out of them--gorgeous!! Took her forever though...the garden gloves that Dari made for me.... http://campagnemaison-jacque.blogspot.com/search/label/Pay%20It%20Foward....had a couple sewn on for decoration--TOO cute

Thanks for sharing that book!

Sandi said...

LOVING those yo yo's Dawn! Looks like fun! You will come up with something amazing for them I just know it!!
Have a wonderful day!
Blessings~

Journal Swag said...

Very cool, who knew! That looks like it makes them much easier to create! Beautiful pics and love that poem/prayer too.

Hugs,

Sheila


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...