Friday, August 27, 2021

My new studio is finally coming together!

 
Well, we've lived in our new home now for 6 months!
I think it was really about time I finished unpacking and
putting together my new art studio!

I had unpacked a little and decided I needed new
lighting fixtures on the sweet front porch.
I just LOVE how they look!!
Thanks to my dear daddy who installed them for me!







Dad noticed there was an old wasp's nest inside the rusty fan
that had been on the front porch so he took it apart
so I could use it for artwork!!!







The next step was a new door!
I found it on FB Marketplace and it was exactly what
I wanted to let a little more sunlight inside.
My sweet dad installed it AND we started hanging
lace curtains!






Yes, those bottom panels are quite long
but I can shorten them from the top later!




I've actually added a mini blind on this window below
because the sun sets on this side of the studio.
It really helps keep it cooler inside too!







You can kind of see the entrance to the tiny bathroom
in the left side of the photo below:



This is my new sewing table. It's on one end of the room and
my desk is on the other end. It really is just a room!
But I love it. There's a small bathroom in there as well because
it used to be the pool house!










This is the little nook off of the main room with a sink!
I've managed to cram as much stuff as possible in it though!!!
Even a mini fridge that was a gift from my son and his wife.











I know there are a lot of repetitive photos but
I took more pics once I hung artwork on the walls.

There is still more tweaking to do
but am so excited to get to MAKING again.
It's certainly time, right?


Thank you always for stopping by to see what I'm up to!

Hugs and love,
Dawn








8 comments:

Vintage Girl 901 said...

Everything is beautiful! Love the light fixtures.

Unknown said...

Hi. Your Canadian friend. Love the new studio. I like the fact that you are able to see what you have without going through drawers etc. I am a visual crafter and if things are in drawers, more time is wasted trying to find things. Seeing materials puts lots of ideas in my head.

Glad you are settling in. I hope Covid-19 and high heat and humidity haven't slowed you down. Our province, as well as some of the others have had very high heat and humidity. I am afraid my flower beds have taken a beating as I haven't been able to tend them as I normally would. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and home with us..

Merne

Sandy K said...

I love the lights on the front porch and the wasp nests you repurposed. Your father is a very special man. I can only imagine he enjoys keeping busy. Love how your rooms turned out.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Your new space looks wonderful! You have such flair.

Lana Manis said...

Dawn, I love your new studio! I could prowl in there all day long!
I’m so sorry to hear of your mama’s passing. She sounds like an amazing lady.
Love and hugs 💗

Ela said...

Your new art studio is a lovely place to get inspired!
I admire your dad!
Greetings

Hairdezigner said...

Such a beautiful studio. Your such an inspiration.

Em22 said...

Absolutely stunning!! Your studio is my Dining Room 'studio' goals! Lol!! Love every inch of it! Just looking at the pics inspires me to want to create something pretty, I cant imagine actually sitting in it! Id probably get stuck just looking at everything and get nothing done, hahaa!!!! Love it!!!!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...