Wednesday, January 8, 2020

A little peek inside...


Well, long time no post!!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
I do hope you had the most wonderful holidays dear friends.
Ours were great, relaxing with family and enjoying being together.

Now that things have settled down a bit
I've gotten back up to the studio to organize and
and ready myself to create!

I want to share some close up photos of our studio...
A LOT of photos actually!!!

I have a few projects in mind that I'll be starting this week.
The wheels are turning and I'm really excited!!

In the meantime, take a peek at the studio ~
And yes, there is about 20 lbs. stuffed into a 10 lb. bag
but you have to have stuff to make stuff!!!



Gorgeous fabrics ~



Amazing supplies that have all been sorted and tucked away.




A beautiful porcelain baby that I purchased from a friend years ago,
wearing my "vintage" baby clothes! HAHAHA!
My wonderful grandmother made that sweater set for me
when I was just a tiny baby!




Shelf-top displays of all things lovely and inspiring.



More keepsakes and treasures displayed.





Vintage suitcases hold collections and have been labeled with the contents.





Fabric arranged by color, kind of...





Altered used ballet shoes that have been embellished by my dear friend Tammy!
They can be found in her Etsy store HERE.





Luxurious fabrics that I hope to be using soon.
I want to try my hand at mushroom making!



Dried botanical storage. It's not really pretty but perfect for the job.





Shelves filled with all different types of supplies.



Sorting fabric by color and more keepsakes.




Two of our studio mascots cheering us on!
A stuffed otter and a vintage Tutti doll ~ I had one growing up and loved her.




In the drawers? Feathers, eggs and other supplies.




Antique papers, books and a variety of supplies in jars.



More teddy bear mascots, twine and wood pieces.




The sewing table.





Dried botanicals.







Each basket holds different types of elements.
Suitcases have been tagged to reveal what's inside.



This is a piece of wonderful artwork that my friend Tammy created for me!
She and her husband took a trip to the mountains and
gathered nature elements for this weaving.
It is so beautiful in the studio!!!







And old dress form adorned with a few of our favorite things!



Seam binding and ribbon at the ready.



The table we work at...and yes, this is cleaned up (except for the fabric).




And lastly, another wonderful mascot!
A leather covered horse gifted to me from my son Brad
for my birthday a few weeks ago.




I hope you've enjoyed this little look around our studio!
Now to get myself up there making the THINGS!!!!

Thank you always for stopping by to see what I'm up to.
Wishing you all a WONDERFUL New Year!

Hugs and love,
Dawn





8 comments:

Sandi said...

It’s all so beautiful Dawn!! I love that frame hanging from the ceiling!! I have a white one with chicken wire. I want to do that!! Hopefully hubby can do that for me soon. Lol
Blessings!!! Xoxo

Lana said...

Simply gorgeous and so peaceful. My knees got weak when I saw the fabric and the ribbon. I hope you spend lots of time in there my friend.

Unknown said...

Everything looks lovely! I know you will work some magic!

Bella said...

Such delicious eye candy!! Enough to get us all inspired :)
I deeply loved the dried botanicals!!

Mom said...

Be. Still. My. Heart! Everything looks gorgeous and I am so anxious to see what you will be creating. Happy New Year and God bless!

Unknown said...

Wow, my kind of room@ . so many bits and bobs!! Love it all.

Angie Berry ~ A Vintage Journey said...

Can I please just move in?? I could find a spot on the floor to curl up and sleep, hehe! But seriously... I could spend hours and hours in your lovely room. So many beautiful pieces to sift through. I would definitely be inspired if my creating room was like this. Have fun~

Donna L said...

Thank you for sharing your treasures. I think I could sit in your room and stare for hours. So peaceful and beautiful. You are so talented. I've enjoyed your blog for years. Thank you


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...