Tuesday, December 3, 2019

There are angels among us ~






I know that many of my followers here on my blog
are also friends of mine on Facebook.
This is our precious angel Ellie.
We lost her last week and words cannot describe
how much we all miss her!!!

I've never lost a pup before and it's like losing a true member of the family.
We miss her routine, her love and of course simply her.

I hate to start a post off with such sad news but this blog
is a journal of my life. She was such a huge part of it!!!
We will see you again sweet girl.





While things were so very sad here, with Ellie's declining health,
I received a package from a friend.

Linda has purchased several things from me in the past and I simply LOVE her taste!!!
Well, not because she bought MY wares
but she has shows and sells amazing antiques and finds.

We are friends on Facebook and her family hunts turkeys. Her children and grandchildren.
She posted that they had several turkeys and she had a TON of feathers.
Linda wanted to know if any of her friends wanted any.
OF COURSE I DID!!!

I love using feathers in my artwork!!!
She wanted my address and said she'd send some my way.

Well, my friends.
THIS is what she sent me!!!!!!!!!!

(Tons of photos to come, sorry)





Turkey feathers!!!!




Then there is THIS.















AND THIS!!!










Velvet pieces and luscious fabrics!




I literally cried.
My heart was so heavy and sad.
But to see this sweet friend send me so many elements to create with
touched my heart so much.
I thanked her immensely and she told me that she just had a feeling
that I needed a box of happy not even knowing about Ellie!!!

Thank you so much precious Linda, you truly are an angel.
Every little thing is so, so appreciated!
You've inspired me to get busy and make something beautiful!!!
If you want to look her up (she's in Arkansas) and follow her on FB,
here is her FACEBOOK PAGE.
You will LOVE her taste!!!


Thank you always, always for checking in to see what I'm up to.

Hugs and love,
Dawn







11 comments:

Mom said...

My heartfelt sympathy to you and your family on the loss of your dear, sweet Ellie. I send healing thoughts and prayers to you all. Your package of goodies is over-the-moon wonderful. I look forward to seeing what you create with such gorgeousness!

downthelanewithdaisy@gmail.com said...

Losing a loved pet is always tragic. They give so much and ask for so little. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

Your friend is amazing with all those fabulous treasures. I loved every single thing. A wonderful gift and such timing. Truly an angel.

GigiBeth said...

So sorry for your loss. Our pets are our babies and hold our heart.
This is a lovely package of goodies! Lots of inspiration! Can't wait to see what you make! Love you lots!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh Dawn, my heartfelt sympathy to you and yours. Losing a pet is so hard. Love and things we share with them on a daily basis keep us human. Their never ending love and little ways of getting our attention are forever missed. And the wonderful package of goodies was a great idea. Wishing you healing and finding ways to cope. Hugs to you

Teddee Grace said...

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your little Ellie. Such a sweet looking dog. I hope your sadness will not color your holidays too much. The wonderful packet of creativity you received from your friend should help.

Roosterhead Designs said...

Oh My Word!! A treasure beyond measure!! So glad for you Dawn; to be blessed so abundantly! Take care and Merry Christmas if I don't see you before~ Hugs, karen o @ roosterhead designs

Tracy said...

Awww.....my heart just breaks hearing about your loss. They’re just such a vital part of our lives. Just think what a beautiful and spoiled life you gave Ellie ❤️ And look how our friends always show up at the most perfectly needed time ❤️
Long distance hugs,
Tracy

LindaSonia said...

Soo very sorry for the loss of your furbaby!! Big Cyber Hug from me to you.
Linda is a good friend to have - ;-) - awesome package of goodies. Enjoy!

CraftyHope said...

Oh, dear, I'm so very sorry about your loss. Sending you many sympathies as you work on healing.

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh dear Dawn you and I have both suffered the same loss as our little Apricot poodle, Lilly, 16.5 years old passed away in September and we were totally devastated Jeff and I and really grieved! We decided to take on another rescue Apricot poodle, Molly, 8 years old who needs so much love and we can certainly give it too her.
Your gift in the mail couldn't have arrived at a better time. It certainly would have lifted your saddened hearts.
Love and hugs and blessings to you as you move slowly forward now.
Suzy xoxox

Jan J. said...

First of all, I am so sorry about your Ellie. I lost our 10-year-old pomeranian the day after Thanksgiving to a huge tumor. It hurts so much, I know.

Today I discovered your blog. Well it has been hours and I am going to force myself to shut it down for now so I can get something done! After a while I saw you lived in Locust Grove. I live in Greenville, GA, now, but until 18 months ago I lived in McDonough for 20 years, and my sister and nephew live in Locust Grove! Then another hour or so later I saw you owned the Plum Tree in McD! I bought an iron bed there when I adopted my baby from China some 22 years ago! I loved that store and was so sad when it closed.

Your art work is just so lovely and right up my alley! So many of your key words are things I love - Daphne's Diary, Somerset anything, and on and on. I think you are definitely a kindred spirit! I so love your nests in jars, and will be trying to make something similar soon.

Just wanted you to know that while I am feeling poorly and no ambition to do anything you made my day bright and lit up my imagination!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...