Friday, July 11, 2014

What to do ~




(My very first paper clay art doll was purchased by
artist Lauren Mumford back in 2007...
I was so honored that she bought her!
I always loved Lauren's artwork in the Stampington publications)




I have two HUGE bags of beautiful lavender buds..fragrant...
just waiting to become sachets.

I have so much gorgeous fabric, you know I do,
I've shared so many photos here!

And even this week I received a wonderful package packed
full of wonderful fabrics too!!! What a precious friend,
she doesn't want to be mentioned but I will share photos soon.

But all I can think about is creating a precious art doll.
I can see her in my mind's eye ~
using vintage fabrics for her clothing.

My thumbs are about to fall off from cleaning so many egg soaps and
we have even MORE orders to complete (a true blessing though)

I just keep wondering how long will I talk about making art dolls...
I need to JUST DO IT!

Look at this wonderful video ~ a beautiful handmade marionette!








Happy weekend precious friends!
hugs and love,
Dawn






8 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Your doll is lovely and I can see why you are thinking of making another one. She will be lovely too.

I really enjoyed the marionette video. What a talent, in the creation and in the making the little man come alive.

Happy Creating ~ FlowerLady

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a beautiful doll, Dawn! The detail on her face is wonderful and the clothing you made for her is, too. I say just do it! : )

Theresa said...

Can't wait to see what you create! I know she will be awesome:) I enjoyed watching the dancing marionette! Have a blessed day dear Dawn, HUGS!

BECKY said...

Just do it, girl! Can't wait to see her when you're done!!
Happy Friday!
Hugs,
Becky

FredaB said...

i watched the video and really enjoyed it. Now I want one.

Can't wait to see what you will make.

Hugs
FredaB

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Follow your heart - it'll take you to the place you most desire!

Elderberry Dreams said...

I LOVE LOVE.... LOVE ....that art doll!! They are like little pieces in themselves that have their own personality. Whatever you create will be beautiful. Fill an art doll apron with soaps :-)

Nancy said...

Your first Doll is exquisite, Dawn I say make another beautiful Doll and give your thumbs a break!!

Huggs, Nancy


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...