Sunday, July 6, 2014

Random goodness ~


We had a WONDERFUL Fourth of July weekend around here
I so hope you did as well!!!
Just a little swimming, cooking out and spending time
with our precious family.
I don't have too much to blog about but will always re-share
something I think that you may love to inspire you!


I sewed this little doll dress a few years back....and aged it as well.
Seeing this photo makes me want to make a few more!!
I wonder if they would sell in my Etsy shop?









Don't you just love beautiful old book covers?
This one was falling off of an old book I bought,
so I scanned it....click on it a couple of times to see how big it is!





 







I love, LOVE botanicals and tinted these
so they would be sepia toned ~
I still love them so...







The pic below is random but still thought it was good to share again ~
you all know I'm a freak for seam binding!
Don't forget to visit Zipperstop to buy your seam binding
and remember to tell Jeff that
The Feathered Nest sent you!!!







 Sweet old woman....





One of my favorite images....EVER!





And I'll leave you with a wonderful photo
I took of the antique store I used to own ~
this was the little bitty front porch all dolled up!
Those are gauzy curtains that are hung near each post.
See the "P" on the painted door?
It is one of those vinyl sticker things...neat idea, huh?
The shop was call The Plum Tree Antiques ~
sometimes I miss it but then again, I really don't...
it was fun while it lasted though!





Thank you always for visiting me here
and especially for your precious comments!!!

Have a wonderful Monday dear friends!
hugs and love,
Dawn



6 comments:

Beth Leintz said...

All of your pictures are wonderful- they make me want to start printing and crafting.

But your favorite is my favorite, too- is it a vignette by Carol Bolton?

Theresa said...

Precious time with family is the best time ever:) Enjoy the week ahead dear Dawn, HUGS!

FredaB said...

It is always a pleasure to visit your site. Thanks for sharing your clip art with us.

Hugs
FredaB

Marlynne said...

Loved all the pictures! Yes I remember those little slip like dresses and shirts for our babies. They had to be ironed too!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Hi Dawn! I haven't visited in a long time. Blogging has changed so much for me. I still enjoy blogging so much, but there is so much less time to devote to visiting around. I just wanted to say how much I love this beautiful post and everything in it. I so admire your creative talents, and of course the elements you use are dear to my heart. The little dress you made is darling both ways. I bet it would do very well for you in your Etsy shop. But it's all such a mystery these days! I hope you are well!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Hey girlie! Here to catch up.

Love the beautiful doll you made and anxious to see the one you're working on now. Love the little tea stained dress too. My Mum made little pinafores for my sister very similar to that pattern...reversible and appliquéd with dresses underneath... so sweet.

Your shop was so sweet, and agree.... fun while it lasted. Lots of work, for sure.

xoxo
Spencer


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...