Thursday, August 9, 2007

Is your blog sluggish? Is it taking too long to load?

Well, mine was all day today and I went to the Blogger Help Groups and I had to go into the HTML area of my template and delete two little lines of coding. If you'll click on this link and scroll down to the fourth post, "Wasted" offered a solution:

http://groups.google.com/group/blogger-help-troubleshoot/browse_thread/thread/eb1a43a57d543939/ef0f39619707cdfb#ef0f39619707cdfb

I don't know how it got into my blog but some think it started from MySpace users commenting on blogs. Thank goodness for the Blogger Group ~ I think I'm addicted to my blog!

7 comments:

Becky said...

Yup. Mine has been slow too. I wondered what it could be. I'll see if I can work out the bugs.
Hope you had a great day.
Thanks Dawn.
Smiles,
Becky

Lori said...

i wondered what was going on, yours was one of several blogs that wouldn't load at all for me yesterday

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Thanks Dawn for this very informative info. I didn't know what was wrong, but they are probably right about the virus from myspace. I have a myspace acct. to talk to my family with and someone pfished my acct. and got my password. I'll give this a try. Happy Friday to you!

SUZAN BUCKNER said...

I got it too...and figured out what to do to fix it..(because I am really obsessive), and tried 3 million things--finally, changing my template got rid of it!

Thank you for the post. I will put the voodoo doll away now, since I think I know what blog I got it on....LOL...just joking!!

Sweet Remembrance said...

Yup...it got me too! It seems to be much better today, thanks for the info! I was very frustrated yesterday...

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Yes I think I'm addicted too. I was just about to thank God for blogger a while ago....don't know what God would think of that! I'm sure He'd say for me just not to let it be put before Him...which I have many times...this conversation has now come full circle! Excuse me!

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

My blog was acting goofy yesterday too... now it seems to be fixed and yours loaded just fine. Heather


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...