Thursday, July 24, 2014

Sweet inspiration and just a little bit of stalling ~


A few wonderful images to inspire you today!
Click, save and use...






I have a beautiful idea to share below!
Do you love the feel of a canopy bed?
Simply install two curtain rods you love to your ceiling,
then add a giant swath of GORGEOUS fabric and VOILA!
You are sleeping in luxury....




I'm so in love with Ralph Lauren.
Well, not really HIM but with his classic, timeless style.
This bedding below is a Ralph Lauren pattern, Guinevere.
I have a piece of fabric in the pattern and a ruffled shower curtain too.
Crazy, huh?
That I would settle for fragments of it...
But I always thought that the fabric
would make such beautiful accent pillows in our living room.



I worked in a drapery workroom for a VERY short time
(can you say "sweat shop"?)
and I learned how to create
this gorgeous window treatment.
We called it a butterfly shade....
I'm still so in love with it.



And I've always loved toile. ALWAYS.
It's timeless to me....a classic.
The snippet below is from a dining room but don't you
absolutely LOVE how those curtains are scalloped????
A guest bedroom would so gorgeous
in all blue and white toile,
don't you think?




The stalling part?
Well, I am SO very close to taking photos of the studio!!!
I'm almost there and can't wait to share how it looks now!


Wishing you a wonderful Thursday sweet friends....
Remember to take time to enjoy the little things ~
seems time is passing by so quickly!

much love and hugs,
Dawn



9 comments:

Daniela said...

Good morning Dawn and thank you for this so lovely post, you always share so much beauty and sweetness !
Have a blessed day !
Dany x

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Well, if you are going to stall, this was a pretty way to do it, Dawn! It's like saying squirrel to a dog. : ) I was distracted. Love that bedding! I would probably be happy with a snippet, too.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

This stall only makes us want to see what you've done with your studio all the more.

You are an inspiration.

FlowerLady

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Hi Dawn...so, tell us...were these pics hinting at what's to be shared with your new studio design/decor?

Or is this totally off?

Every pic is awesome but the chair that baby is on stopped my heart for a second.

Can't wait for your reveal. Hugs.

jeanniemc said...

What a woncderful post today!! (But then all of the post are :)...Love the curtains in the blue & white...And the butterfly shade is gorgeous...Have a great cool day!! Will be 113 here in the Valley--staying inside sounds good to me!!

Hugs, Jeannie

marda said...

Love all these same things. I think toile fabric is my favorite, and I've got plenty of pieces to prove it!! I "tried" making a curtain like the one you showed you used to make... it didn't turn out so well!! Never tried it again!! Looking forward to pics of your finished rooms.

Sandy said...

So many pretty ideas here today! I enjoyed a small thing today very much, my almost 1 year old grand came to play all day, nothing brings you joy like that of a sweet little person. Can't wait to see your new studio space!!!

Marlynne said...

A Beautiful Post! I can't wait to see your Studio too!

Tamara said...

So pretty.. Dreamy rooms and I love the baby girl and the scripture. Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing your studio.

Blessings,
Tamara


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...