Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The printed page ~

I love books. Not novels and fiction. But the kind of books that give me inspiration. They are chock full of ideas, beautiful images, gorgeous decorating or how-to-make-this books. I have a pretty large collection as I just can't get enough! I'm going to start sharing a few with you, with tiny glimpses inside to give you an idea of what they are about.

This first book is one that I just bought ~ I've been wanting it for quite awhile now and just LOVE it!!!

Paper-Mache Treasures with Teena Flanner. Teena creates the most beautiful, vintage-inspired paper mache items. This is her book with complete how-tos on how she makes these beautiful things. You can visit her blog here ~ Don't you think her artwork is beautiful?





I've seen this book, Vintage Vavoom on many blogs and finally purchased my copy. I LOVE this book, too! Such beautiful eyecandy sprinkled all throughout. Tons of photos (love that!) ~ A wonderful book to sit with in the evening and enjoy the displays in the photos and the great ideas.






Lastly today, my first attempt at the foundation of a fairy shoe. It measures a mere three inches long and I'm not sure where I'm going with it . . . maybe attaching natural materials to it? We'll see ~

It's sunny and quite mild today, my cold has vanished, my muse is on my shoulder ~ it's going to be a great day!!


xxoo, Dawn

12 comments:

Lori said...

i have been eye~balling BOTH of those books!!! they look delicious:) your fairy slipper looks mighty sweet so far:)

kathy said...

I am such a lover of books - They are everywhere -- plus magazines - like the somerset ones -- but I look at them over and over -- If I created one from each book -- what a wealth of goodies would be in my studio -- You continue to inspire -- Blessings Kathy- GA

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Love the shoe! Can't wait to see what you make of it.
I'm so glad you're feeling better. It's so much easier to be creative when you're feeling better, huh?
I'm with you on the books - I have many - probably too many. I am waiting to get the Vintage Vavoom one now. (I only allow myself one every month!)
I love all of the magazines as well. It's hard to part with them, so my basket is overflowing!

Have a wonderful day and create, create, create!
Colleen

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I just love books too and own a copy of Vintage Vavoom!

I think I have a slight Amazon addiction... in fact my parents tell me there is a parcel from Amazon waiting at home for me!

Victoria xx

Aleta said...

'Tis a sweet little fairy shoe. I can't wait to see what you do with it....something absolutely marvelous I'm sure!!

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

Anonymous said...

Thank you, dawn, for featuring me on your most delightful blog!!!
Teena

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn. I own Vintage Vavoom also along with many other books. They are like old friends. You see them and I put them away for awhile and get them back out again... Seems as though each time you are looking for someting different when looking at them... Love your sketches.. I also love to pencil sketch... just don't do it much anymore..... Just checking in on your blog as always ..... Marietta

Nancy Hood said...

DITTO to the comments left looking forward to the magic you'll dust over the fairy shoe :) Personally, I want to tell you that I do so enjoy the way you stage your items. The backgrounds are always fitting to what you are sharing. Quilts, lacey fabric, and the whatnot~you're a true artist!

Karin said...

I bought the paper mache book! It is wonderful!

Kathy said...

I, too, have an affinity for books! I call them "big girl picture books". Pure escape! And, inspiration abounds. I love the photos of your studio. I'm glad you are feeling better! ~Kathy

Tina Leavy said...

what cool looking books. thanks for sharing a "sneak peek"

Treasured Anew said...

Dawn, thank you so much for sharing Teena's book - my husband stopped by the library and picked it up for me and I spent almost an hour straight pouring over the pages! What a find! I am so inspired. Now to get the Vintage Vavoom book . . . God bless! Beth


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...