Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My little piece of the puzzle ~

Gail at Shabby Cottage Studio has organized a collaboration project for each member of the Studio Design Team to take part in. Gail will be submitting it to possibly be chosen to be published in a book!!

She has a unique shadow box with different sections and each of us on the team were assigned a section and we were to complete a piece of artwork to fit into that section. The theme is "shabby chic spring" and this is my contribution and hopefully it will slide right into the shadow box in my little section. (I measured and re-measured!) I can't wait to see the finished project, I'll be sure to post photos when I get them!!







I want to thank each and every one of you for all the sweet comments about my pincushions being published. I just want you to know that because of you, your encouragement, you cheering me on, your kindess, I have had the confidence to create, to send my artwork to the magazine and now for it to appear inside!!!

Thank you ALL so very much for being my cheerleaders!!

xxoo, Dawn

16 comments:

Lisa & Alfie said...

Hello Dawn,
I wanted to thank you for your words of encouragement and support. I know you recently went through a transition and hope all is working out well for you. I am nervous, excited and hopeful about the change at my store. I am usually optimistic, it is just taking a wee bit more effort right now. I have faith it will be fine.
Take care,
Lisa & Alfie

Lori said...

Dawn, that is so cute:) i hope you are going to show the completed shadowbox, i really want to see how that is going to look...what a neat idea!!!

Victorian Lady said...

i love how the buttons are holding that up! couldn't be sweeter!

Emma's Paper Patch said...

so darling! love the little banner...can't wait to see the finished project.
alissa

vikki said...

hi sweetie!! * that is so adorable. you are the head cheerleader, m'friend! with all your lovelies, encouragement, inspirations you share... you are the best!! =) all you have to do is check your blog, see your lovely creations, the beautiful way you word things, and all the love you have for everything... you pass that on! we are so blessed! have a wonderous day, m'dear sweet friend. much love, and blessings ~ xoxoxo, vikki (realized i have to sign in every so often to comment!) one of these days i will 'git it!' * mebbe... =)

Anonymous said...

Love the spring shadowbox.

You are very talented. Also, Congrats on the pin cushion feature. What a blessing:)

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

love the delicate "sparkle" to this piece. You did great! I'm going to try to find the Somerset issue today - I feel like I "know" one of the artists now!
Have a beautiful day -
Colleen

Lorrie said...

This "shabby chic spring" is so adorable. I love the details - the button, the font on the letters, the soft colours. Just perfect.

Lorrie

Kentucky Bound said...

Each time you show one of your creations I think it's my favorite! So, this is my new favorite. Hope to see pictures of the completed shadow box.

Blessings!
Liz

Vee said...

Your work constantly amazes me. This shadow box is charming and delightful. I love the buttons on either side from which the banner hangs...too clever!

Nancy Hood said...

how sweet is this?! I just know your section will be a runaway hit!!

Fete et Fleur said...

This is a lovely piece. I can't wait to see the finished project.

Hugs! Nancy

Tina Leavy said...

so pretty!

Sandy said...

This piece is lovely and just says shabby chic spring! Love the velvet roses! I too can't wait to see the completed piece!

PocketsOfInspiration said...

This is so beautiful!

Sherry said...

Dawn, this is so beautiful!!! Just what I needed to feast on this sunny Sunday morning!!!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...