Monday, April 14, 2008

More altered goodness ~

I love boxes. This particular one has been floating around my art room for a while now and tonight I decided to alter it a bit. It really is nice and has hinges and a closure on the front. Inside it has little elastic pieces in the lid to insert treasures.

I loved the text on the sides and inside but I altered the top by adding sheet music, vintage lace, trim and skinny brown ribbon. Plus a beautiful sepia toned picture of the Eiffel Tower and now it seems to have been transformed into a French treasure box! It's about the size of a skinny shoe box.

I think I'm going to clean out my Etsy store and add this as something new and fresh!










I just can't get enough of birds. I love creating with their images and always will. This is an old drawer from a buffet or piece of furniture as it has a piece of felt on the back. I'm always hunting for drawers to build my assemblages in.

I've collaged the inside back and sides with pages from an old bird book and just placed an antique photo album frame (Thank you so much, Cindy) and print inside to see how I like it ~ it's not finished yet, I'm just trying different prints to see what I love best ~ but I think this is the one to go with!




Another peek at your Junque Trunk, Alice!!

15 comments:

Pocket Full of Prettys said...

I truely love your work, always beautiful & classy! Hugs***Renea

Kentucky Bound said...

Mmmmm! I'm imagining that box full of old letters, a dried corsage, ticket stubs and perhaps an old theater program . . .
Absolutely beautiful as always!

Blessings!
Liz

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Dawn, this is very beautiful. I just got 3 small trunks that I want to do something with. This is a great idea.
xoxo Nita

Charmingdesigns said...

Your work, with paper,is so beautiful. Those birds are exquisite!
Laurie

Suzanne said...

Beautiful. I love boxes and my sister collects them.

Mary said...

As always, you Dawn are the best when it comes to music, birdsongs, roses, lace.......I could go on and on describing your beautiful creations. Love the French inspired box - I MUST get moving on my pile of saved boxes soon - I have so much ephemera, trims, scrapbook supplies to use, I just need time, which as you well know "waits for no man" or WOMAN!!

But right now......heading out to the garden in the chilly air as there's still lots to do - and I hope my birdies aren't too cold.

Enjoy your day dear.

Doreen Frost said...

Dawn. What an absolutely beautiful box. I just love it.

Blessings,
Doreen

Deb said...

Just like you Dawn, I can't get enough of birds either! Love all your beautiful creations.

Vee said...

The treasure chest is exquisite. I can see it filled with old photos or with love letters.

Anonymous said...

Birds are the best! Your box is very beautiful and chic!

Sam I Am said...

dawn..this box is beautiful!!!!!!! i love popping on here to drool over your creations...
:) :) :)
xox
sandy

Lorrie said...

Your box is beautiful. Just the place to store sweet love letters, special greeting cards and treasured memorabilia. And the French touch - always a hit with me.

Lorrie

Sandy said...

The box is beautiful! I too love to decorate boxes! Can't wait to see the completed project with the bird print and drawer.

Unknown said...

OOoh love your Paris box...so pretty!!!

And I couldn't bring myself to peek...so here I am after opening that most beautiful of all boxes I have ever received! You are sooooooooooooo amazing and wonderful and talented and generous...and I could go on and on all day!

Tina Leavy said...

love the box..so pretty!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...