Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Just to give you an idea . . .

of how truly talented Kathy is from Henny Penny Designs, I've gathered together some of the items that I purchased from her when she was a dealer when I had The Plum Tree. She would bring in the humongous basket overflowing with artwork. I would be rubbing my hands together just dying to look at it all. I purchased all of these pieces from Kathy but let many others go. I'm so glad that I did buy these though. They all are in my "studio" cheering me on to be the creative person I want to be!


The art on the left is a large glass soldered piece.




This is her altered baby shoe pincushion ~ primitive style. I bought it in the boy colors because I have all boys!



And I love all things baby, isn't the beveled glass beautiful on this image?



And this large piece is absolutely precious!!



And a fabric covered treasure box.



Kathy and I both love trying new things, not doing a lot of repetitive work ~ it just does something to the creative artist in you and it begins to feel like you're an assembly line when you make the same ol' thing over and over.


I scanned a few things to give you last night that I thought you all would love to use in your artwork. I do hope you enjoy them!! Oh, and thank you so much for your well wishes, my head pretty much feels like a block of wood right now, I'm beginning to think this is pollen allergies!




16 comments:

Nancy Hood said...

Coming here is always such a treat to my senses, Dawn. It's calming, uplifting, and filled with love for our Creator. You don't just talk the talk, you walk His walk ~ and I'm so glad I was led to your spot in Blogland.

Pocket Full of Prettys said...

Hi there Dawn, love all your new things. Love the little shoe pin cushion. I have my sister's baby shoes, that would be neat to make a pin cushion for her shoe. And let me know if you make a purse with birds, nests & eggs. I'd love to see it! Hugs***Renea

Pocket Full of Prettys said...

PS===My daughter has 3 boys!! They are great!!! Renea

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Dawn,love all the sweet things your friend,Kathy has made...I have been over to visit her and will be going back again. I also love all baby related items.

Your music is just beautiful....

Blessings,Shelley

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Dawn,love all the sweet things your friend,Kathy has made...I have been over to visit her and will be going back again. I also love all baby related items.

Your music is just beautiful....

Blessings,Shelley

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Dawn,love all the sweet things your friend,Kathy has made...I have been over to visit her and will be going back again. I also love all baby related items.

Your music is just beautiful....

Blessings,Shelley

Free Art Printables said...

Grea things! I love the baby piece~!
Jen R

Shop girl said...

I hope you are feeling better, this sinus stuff is getting to alot of people, tis the season.
I am in aw of what you bring to your blog, it lightens my heart to see you in these magical delights.
Mary

Classics and Country said...

Gorgeous, You have great taste. I'm glad i found your blog!

Maggie said...

All the pieces you show in your post today are so sweet. How nice for you to have a dear friend who loves to share ideas and create with you.

Vee said...

Kathy is very talented! I think that creativity sparks creativity. If one needs inspiration, one should hang out with the inspired. I am remaining open to the possibilites! :D

Each photo is a treasure and a delight in and of itself. You are incredibly prolific! Do you ever take a break? I think that you must move as the spirit speaks and He's moving fast!

Lady Em said...

I love all her stuff, it's gorgeous!! I sure do hope you feel better, the pollen gets to me to. Use Mucinex-D, my doctor says it's the best stuff that is over the counter for sinus congestion in you head and face. Oh I just hate that feeling!! Get well soon, hot tea helps too.
I love ya'll!!
~Emily~

Unknown said...

Those are beautiful pieces!!! I love each and everyone! I love your images that you share...you are too sweet!!!

Noël said...

Thank you for sharing these adorable images!

Tina Leavy said...

what absolutely lovely items that Henny Penny creates. they are so delightful!

Sandy said...

Henny Penny is one crafty chick! Love all the pieces you bought! I just had a good giggle when I looked at the pictures you scanned, the one on the bottom looks exactly like Spanky from the Little Rascals! They are both precious prints!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...