Saturday, April 5, 2008

Found! Good stuff . . .

The most wonderful thing about adding items to my antique space is finishing up and prowling the store!! These are the precious treasures that I turned up today! The. most. wonderful. porcelain. doll. head . . . one that I know I cannot part with!!! What is wrong with me?? I want to create a body for this precious baby and dress him in little vintage doll gowns!



This is an amazing old towel. That's it. Just a towel. But look at the fabric!!! You cannot replicate the age, the wear . . . just wonderful!


And last but definitely not least, three books chock full of sheet music for my artwork!!!! And they were priced just wonderfully!!! Don't you think music is beautiful? Not just for the ears but for the eyes!!





10 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh my! I have that exact Piano book in my piano bench right now! I found it years ago and have treasured it and even played songs from it! Delightful to see it here on your blog!
*Heidi Woodruff*
Everyday Cookies blog

Bunny B said...

Nice music sheets!

Doreen Frost said...

What great finds. I just love the sheet music. I also have a tablecloth with very similar fabric!

Your work is beautiful.

Blessings to you
doreen

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sandy said...

A blessed Sunday morning to you to Dawn. I just saw your comment as I was adding a prayer to my post for today. I stole this little bit of technology from your sidebar! It kept me up quite late playing with all the features. It was really fun! I'm off to ready myself for church. We usually go to early service but I stayed up a wee bit too late and had a hard time getting up!

Love all the sheet music! I giggled when I saw the doll head. I was over at Pinkpomegranite and she has a headless doll in one of her posts, I think you have her head!

Happy Sunday!

Aleta said...

Lovely, lovely treasures!! I think that's a Bye-Lo baby doll head....I think. ;o) Sweet!!

What a lucky find.....that old sheet music book! I love the graphics on the old stuff. Some of it is quite simply enchanting!

An old tea towel!! Beautifully faded. You just can mimick that look of faded elegance. So lovely.

Antique Griffin looks like my kind of place to shop!! The faded greys of the concrete, mixed with the shells is a beautiful look. I'm filing that away in my decorating memory bank!!

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lori said...

looks like the spammers have found you...time to moderate your comments? LOVE the doll head Dawn, how sweet he is:) and the piano book is such a great find!!!

Kentucky Bound said...

What awesome finds! There is no way I would be able to part with the precious doll's head. She belongs in a beautiful vintage dress, resting comforably on a frilly pillow!

Blessings!

Tina Leavy said...

lovely finds..and I just know you are going to create something terrific from that sheet music.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...