Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A lace lampshade ~



This is a project I made for the store quite a while ago and loved it. I meant to make more but I am a rambling creative girl and do not tarry long on one item but I did like the way this turned out. Another dealer in our store had a few lampshade frames for sale so I bought them thinking I could make something out of them, I didn't know what, but something. They were already spray painted a creamy white and the same shape as the last photo.

I began digging in my vintage lace collection and starting laying the pieces on the frame. When I figured out which pieces needed to go where I began simply stitching them onto the frame. I used sheer ribbon on the lower piece to gather it for a ruffled effect and then to tie it on. After adding a few old buttons and a pretty vintage pin, it was finished. It really looked pretty with the antique glass lamp that needed a shade.

The last picture uses a flash and you can see some of the detail better. It's such a great way to decorate and enjoy beautiful vintage lace.



11 comments:

Through Robin's Eyes said...

My mother led me to you site and I am so excited!! It is late now, but tomorrow I am planning on taking some time and enjoying everything that you have here. My mother was telling me about the paint color that you posted about. I am looking for new colors for my house and that is a beautiful color. Thank you for sharing it. Hope you can give my blog a visit. I am new and it is still in its beginning stages, cut would love to have you as a visitor!
Blessings,
Robin

LivingTheLife said...

That is lovely...such beautiful detail...but yet seemingly so simple...what a fabulous eye you have for decorating!! Love, Love, Love it!!

Blessings...
T

LivingTheLife
aka
http://www.tpmom4ever.blogspot.com

madrekarin said...

Pretty, pretty. I love things like that, but in my house, it would end up covered in dog hair!!
My package arrived yesterday afternoon! Thank you for the lovely little surprise! So sweet- it has been placed in my craft room, of course!
See you tomorrow for lunch!!

wisteriagirl said...

Sweet Dawn...is there no end to your creative capabilities? You are so totally awesome!! The lamp shade is beautiful! Hugs, Cindy

Lori said...

what a super sweet and beautiful idea, the lampshade is just lovely...

BECKY said...

This is so sweet. I love your new creation. The lace with the glass shimmery bottom is perfection.
Smiles to you friend,
Becky

CharityinAlaska said...

LOVE IT! So sweet. :)

Charity

Sweet Roses & Vintage Chiq said...

Oh I soooooooo love that lampshade!! What a great idea. Turned out so lovely... Gonna give that a try myself! Hope it turns out a bit like yours!!

"Maggie" said...

What a lovely lace lampshade, I hadnt' thought of doing one, I will have to give it a whirl!

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

GORGEOUS!

GardenGoose said...

so very pretty. you are so creative gal! this is nice!

Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...