Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Saying goodbye to sweet summertime ~

 





Here it is the middle of September and I'm just getting back here!
To say the least, the pool turned out wonderful and
we all enjoyed it so much!

I thought I'd share a few photos with you.
We're about to close it for the winter and it seems a little sad
but the cooler air is exciting too!















At some point this summer I took down the curtains on the front porch.
They were SERIOUSLY covered in mildew because of them
being gathered around each post.
I'll hang something new up soon.

But my dad did get some cute outdoor lights hung on the porch!
They were nice to have on for night swimming.



We grew a batch of sunflowers along with our garden
and when they started to wilt, I picked them all.

I wasn't very successful in drying them though.
They were beautiful while they lasted.




I wasn't very creative this summer in the studio.
I did paint a few bookmarks in the evenings while watching TV.
They were simple designs and fun to play around with too.

I'd bought a laminating machine so it was time to try it out.
It worked perfectly to protect each bookmark!











Lastly, we added some pretty things to the gazebo or
"potting shed" which it's not.
But it is kind of decorated that way!
I think it turned out really sweet.












I've never been a huge fan of summer.
But having the pool made this one wonderful!!!

The days are getting shorter here in Georgia and
the temps are beginning to cool down.
I'm wanting to get back to the studio and just make stuff.
No agenda, no list, no orders.
I just want to make pretty things!


Thank you always for stopping by to see what I'm up to.

Hugs and love,
Dawn


3 comments:

Poppy Fields said...

Dear Dawn How wonderful the pool, garden and studio looks. I've been meaning to say hi for a while now (years and years!)and I feel ashamed for not doing so sooner. I'm so happy to see you getting back into blogging and crafting and you have a natural talent for watercolours. It was the highlight of my day to see your new posts as I while away a rainy day here at the other side of the world in Melbourne, Australia. with kind wishes and hugs Tina Poppy

Lily's Lace said...

You deserve a pool!! And... a cabana boy to bring you sweet tea!! I haven't been on my blog for over a year and saw your post. Just wanted to stop by and say hello!-xoxoxox-cindy

marina vrana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...